News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 03, 2018, 10:44:50 PM
Nine-armed starfish sliding out to sea:  https://i.imgur.com/F3Dw5bJ.gifv

"And now it's time for something completely different - a starfish with nine legs!"

"He ran away!"
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

German royals playing dress up ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItQbvh6yndM

Back in the day when a snazzy uniform would get you noticed!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

View of Dresden from the Rathaus right after the firebombing of the city.

The Frauenkirche after the war...

...in 1965...

...and today.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 02, 2018, 06:21:44 AM

Which one is real there, Calvin or Hobbes?  And BTW, I always loved that their names seemed reversed according to their philosophies.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

On Dresden church ... if it was Baroque, it needed fixing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 15, 2018, 06:10:21 AM
Which one is real there, Calvin or Hobbes?  And BTW, I always loved that their names seemed reversed according to their philosophies.
That's Hobbes when they're alone. When somebody else is there Hobbes is a stuffed animal. Probably Nature's most perfect camouflage.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 15, 2018, 07:11:19 AM
That's Hobbes when they're alone. When somebody else is there Hobbes is a stuffed animal. Probably Nature's most perfect camouflage.

I know that.  I love Calvin & Hobbes and bet I know more about than you do (have at).  Calvin isn't a teen in the books.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 15, 2018, 07:15:02 AM
I know that.  I love Calvin & Hobbes and bet I know more about than you do (have at).  Calvin isn't a teen in the books.
Not a contest. I read C&H for fun, not competition. And yes, he's not a teen in the strips. /obvious
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 15, 2018, 07:17:16 AM
Not a contest. I read C&H for fun, not competition. And yes, he's not a teen in the strips. /obvious

I meant only that the picture (great as it was) is not real to the strip.   Hobbes would have killed him by that age, LOL!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 15, 2018, 07:42:27 AM
I meant only that the picture (great as it was) is not real to the strip.   Hobbes would have killed him by that age, LOL!
He kept trying to kill him the strips, just unintentionally. (This because Hobbes represented Calvin's still small voice and it wasn't functioning correctly.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 15, 2018, 07:46:22 AM
He kept trying to kill him the strips, just unintentionally. (This because Hobbes represented Calvin's still small voice and it wasn't functioning correctly.

Oh do I ever remember all the times Hobbes pounced Calvin at the front door, LOL!  And Susie.  And the babysitter.  And the snow goons...