News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2018, 01:10:42 PM
Not in my case.  Dietician said no fresh fruit, dried fruit, fruit juice.  Ever wonder why I am angry?  I love fruits and nuts, that is why I post here.

hmm, can't say I ever been told that, they encourage me to eat fruit. But then I'm type 1 diabetic, maybe type 2 has a harder time breaking down the sugars in it?

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the-basics/food-and-diabetes/i-have-type-1-diabetes

QuoteI've just been diagnosed with Type 1 â€" what can I eat?

In one word... anything. It may come as a surprise, but all kinds of food are fine for people with Type 1 diabetes to eat. In the past, people were sent away after their diagnosis with a very restrictive diet plan. This was because the availability of insulin was limited and the type of insulin treatment was very restrictive. As insulin treatments have been developed to be much more flexible, the days of “do's and don'ts” are long gone. The way to go nowadays is to try and fit the diabetes and insulin around the same healthy, balanced diet that is recommended for everyone, with lots of fruit and veg and some food from all the food groups.

obviously when they say all kinds their talking about eating with some common sense like even if I do eat sugars its not a heavy consumption. I inject myself 5 times a day, including a large dose of slow acting insulin (insulatard) at night.

I have struggled sometimes with my sugar levels in the past, when I was in my late teens I ended up in hospital several times, and recently i've had some high spikes in blood sugars, explaining why I'm trying to cut out a lot of stuff i use to eat and only very occasionally having white sugar, demerara or honey.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 04, 2018, 02:19:34 PM
hmm, can't say I ever been told that, they encourage me to eat fruit. But then I'm type 1 diabetic, maybe type 2 has a harder time breaking down the sugars in it?

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the-basics/food-and-diabetes/i-have-type-1-diabetes

obviously when they say all kinds their talking about eating with some common sense like even if I do eat sugars its not a heavy consumption. I inject myself 5 times a day, including a large dose of slow acting insulin (insulatard) at night.

I have struggled sometimes with my sugar levels in the past, when I was in my late teens I ended up in hospital several times, and recently i've had some high spikes in blood sugars, explaining why I'm trying to cut out a lot of stuff i use to eat and only very occasionally having white sugar, demerara or honey.

Yes, the treatment is different.  And as I posted before some suffer from sugar drops, others from sugar spikes.  I get spikes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2018, 05:07:35 PM
Yes, the treatment is different.  And as I posted before some suffer from sugar drops, others from sugar spikes.  I get spikes.

really when it comes down to it, there almost like two very different conditions entirely, but both are dangerous is mismanaged poorly in their own way.

type 2, you need to be completely vigilant in diet and what you consume, you don't have to do injections but you do need meds and being so strict with yourself (I had family friend who had type 2 and she had to do the same)

type 1, I get more flexibility, but problems can go south very quickly with poor self control, also the risk of giving myself to much or to little insulin at any time and the attacks that come from that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Uranium glass sherbet cup (one of a set of six I just got)), repurposed to be a mad science martini and shot under UV light:

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

You'd have to be really stoned to watch this whole Mandelbrot zoom (it's 2 1/2 hours!), but it's so amazing I thought y'all might enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1pwtSBTnPU
God Not Found

Baruch

So ... Mandelbrot is a math god.  Sounds pagan to me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Unbeliever

I notice that after watching the Mandelbrot zoom for a while, when I pause the video it seems to be moving out instead of in. Must be a brain thing.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Here's a Julia set zoom that's not as long, and less repetitive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2dfLVxKbEQ
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 11, 2018, 03:05:35 PM
I notice that after watching the Mandelbrot zoom for a while, when I pause the video it seems to be moving out instead of in. Must be a brain thing.

Watch all of it, then send me all your money ... bwahah.

Julia is more pretty than Mandelbrot, of course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Oh great, now all the text is shifting into the distance. Gonna need a portal gun to fix this.

Unbeliever

You'll have to steal one from Rick, I guess. But which Rick is the real Rick?
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found