News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

I still can't believe the green and blue stripes are the same in that first one.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 18, 2018, 04:03:48 PM
I still can't believe the green and blue stripes are the same in that first one.
Yeah, they should at least prove it since they went through the trouble of making it.

Unbeliever

I guess it's all about contrast, or context, or something.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 18, 2018, 04:27:56 PM
I guess it's all about contrast, or context, or something.

This is why literalism, even visual literalism, is a fail.  A text has 4 levels of interpretation, how many does a picture have, if a picture is worth a thousand words?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Looks like Apocalypse to me ... make the valleys into mountains and the mountains into valleys ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on May 05, 2018, 09:02:33 AM

I am obliged to go WOW! over this one.  I would actually be willing to pay money to have this.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on May 05, 2018, 08:36:31 PM
I am obliged to go WOW! over this one.  I would actually be willing to pay money to have this.

And cats would love to knock if off the shelf ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on May 05, 2018, 08:36:31 PM
"Coffee Lovers".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on May 05, 2018, 09:02:33 AM

Attenborough voice: We see the chrysalis beginning to crack and it's clear that the Mega Shopper will soon be free of that shell and ready to migrate to the nearest mall, where the species will die out due to the lack of males in that environment.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

New infrared filters.  Here I took identical 680, 730 and 850nm shots and shifted them into the visible spectrum, basically: 680 to blue, 730 to green and 850 to red.  I have a 950nm filter but it's problematic because of the extended exposure times it requires.

Anyway, my back yard, shifted up from the infrared:

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on May 07, 2018, 10:43:54 AM
New infrared filters.  Here I took identical 680, 730 and 850nm shots and shifted them into the visible spectrum, basically: 680 to blue, 730 to green and 850 to red.  I have a 950nm filter but it's problematic because of the extended exposure times it requires.

Anyway, my back yard, shifted up from the infrared:

I have NO IDEA what you are describing.  But the results are impressive...  Thank you.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!