News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 17, 2018, 04:45:40 PM
The March 13 that's showing up is the date of my post.  Yours shows up as being posted today.

And no, I don't believe Newhart is on Archive -- but he never had a radio show to the best of my knowledge.  Stan Freberg did, of course.

Hmmm, I probably shouldn't have had that last glass of wine...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Deidre32

The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Baruch

I think that is the "law of averages" ... the particles at the periphery are moving faster ... so if you block the center out, then your sense of average speed should go up.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Deidre32

Quote from: Baruch on April 07, 2018, 06:31:10 PM
I think that is the "law of averages" ... the particles at the periphery are moving faster ... so if you block the center out, then your sense of average speed should go up.
Really? That's interesting.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Baruch

Quote from: Deidre32 on April 07, 2018, 06:43:16 PM

People don't "think" thru statistics, most of the time.  We deal with multiple things simultaneously by intuition, by heuristic.  Which is why multi-tasking is dangerous in a medical environment.  Until calculators and computers, actually doing statistics was tedious and boring.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Deidre32 on April 07, 2018, 06:43:16 PM

Well, Baruch has some "interesting" ideas about the universe.  He is limited due to his religious thoughts, so you have to forgive him a bit.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 13, 2018, 04:34:24 AM
Well, Baruch has some "interesting" ideas about the universe.  He is limited due to his religious thoughts, so you have to forgive him a bit.

The example at hand, was science, not theology.  Unless you want to make a different explanation for the optical illusion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Unbeliever

What the hell was a possum doing in that pumpkin!? I'd say it was maybe the wrong place, wrong time...:-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 16, 2018, 02:07:14 PM
What the hell was a possum doing in that pumpkin!? I'd say it was maybe the wrong place, wrong time...:-)

I googled ... opossums like to eat pumpkins.  So maybe he had gotten inside, by eating thru the bottom (hidden from view).  The opossum riding on the back of the alligator could have two origins ... one ... baby possums ride on the back of their mother ... two ... an inversion of the old scorpion vs the frog ...

"A scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, they would both drown. Considering this, the frog agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both."

Seems a parable for American politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Emancipated

Shot these a few months ago at Donner Summit, Truckee, California...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Emancipated on April 17, 2018, 03:25:35 PM
Shot these a few months ago at Donner Summit, Truckee, California...
Just think-----Tasmen Donner's gold is still there!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?