News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 13, 2018, 02:58:42 PM
You don't start growing old until you stop growing up.
I'm safe then, since I have not left childhood yet--or so most tell me. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on March 13, 2018, 01:34:17 PM
Definitely worth the trip.  Besides X Minus One and Dimension X and Bob & Ray (clear back to when they were local in Boston), there's unedited episodes of You Bet Your Life, as well as all the other usual suspects (Mercury Theatre, Gunsmoke, Dragnet, Jack Benny, Spike Jones, Lights Out, Inner Sanctum...).
I loved The Cisco Kid, The Lone Ranger and Winnie the Poo on the radio.  My parents also listened to Gunsmoke and Dragnet, Jack Benny and Amos and Andy.  The Whistler used to scare the shit out of me--after the show I had to go upstairs to bed.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Going to be seeing this set live in two weeks... even probably without hallucinogens, I cant wait.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 13, 2018, 04:15:31 PM
I loved The Cisco Kid, The Lone Ranger and Winnie the Poo on the radio.  My parents also listened to Gunsmoke and Dragnet, Jack Benny and Amos and Andy.  The Whistler used to scare the shit out of me--after the show I had to go upstairs to bed.
Cisco Kid, Gunsmoke and Lone Ranger are on Archive; I'm not sure what all they have as far as those go since I was never a Westerns fan.  Jack Benny remains to this day one of the funniest humans to ever walk this Earth, both on the radio and on the TV.  I don't think anyone ever got more laughs out of a perfectly timed silence.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on March 12, 2018, 05:31:11 PM
I always get the impression that h.p Lovecraft's creations were always open to interpretation, vague, so if one person thinks they nailed it, another one comes along with a completely different idea

Just looking up Azathoth, the blind idiot god, has all difference interpretations.
I always pictured it as something like this:

So alien that it's mercifully nearly incomprehensible - just this massive, pulsating smear on reality.  The sheer scope of it...it's just breathtaking.  And it never looks right.  It looks unnatural and a mockery of the universe that we know of.  It's horrible but enthralling, pulling you in.  You want to turn away, but you're curious.  So very curious.  But just a momentary glance from such a thing will utterly unmake any mortal.  Thankfully, its court keeps it rather busy.  But their noise is maddening.  To be among that court is to court death or worse.

Munch

I think thats what lovecraft always wanted them to be, incomprehensible. That lends itself to making these creations beyond what we can conceive of, yet still attempting to based on our limitations.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 14, 2018, 11:35:19 AM
I think thats what lovecraft always wanted them to be, incomprehensible. That lends itself to making these creations beyond what we can conceive of, yet still attempting to based on our limitations.

Lovecraft is my go-to theologian ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on March 13, 2018, 11:52:32 PM
I don't think anyone ever got more laughs out of a perfectly timed silence.
One time George Carlin walked out on stage and didn't say a word for 5 minutes, and he had them rolling in the aisles! I think he'd made a bet with someone that he could do that, and so he did.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 13, 2018, 11:52:32 PM
Cisco Kid, Gunsmoke and Lone Ranger are on Archive; I'm not sure what all they have as far as those go since I was never a Westerns fan.  Jack Benny remains to this day one of the funniest humans to ever walk this Earth, both on the radio and on the TV.  I don't think anyone ever got more laughs out of a perfectly timed silence.

Bob Newhart with his one-sided telephone calls?

(edited to add, I posted this March 17 - how does it show up March 13 )?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Anyone remember the awesome cover for the Hero Quest game from the 80s?

I quite like this update.

found my new wallpaper ^^

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on March 17, 2018, 09:12:19 AM
Anyone remember the awesome cover for the Hero Quest game from the 80s?
YES.  I love that game!  I loved being the DM.  The DM has a wonderfully devastating array of traps and spells.  I delighted in keeping them in reserve, unleashing them at extremely inopportune times.  I never made things impossible for them, but I made a walk in the park into a challenging encounter.

Sadly, my physical copy was misplaced long ago.  I would love to play it again.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2018, 09:11:56 AM
Bob Newhart with his one-sided telephone calls?

(edited to add, I posted this March 17 - how does it show up March 13 )?
The March 13 that's showing up is the date of my post.  Yours shows up as being posted today.

And no, I don't believe Newhart is on Archive -- but he never had a radio show to the best of my knowledge.  Stan Freberg did, of course.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

The rats all like "Oy! Get away from my grains ye toe-rag!"