Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 12, 2018, 01:42:54 AM
So that's a Dober-man?

More like a wolfdogman, according to the original description.

Also

This is the Thor I'd love to see in the movies, not the cropped top beat down diet version the movies now showing.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

I recently got a couple IR filters.  Still working out the best settings for it, but the results are interesting so far:

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

Gawdzilla Sama

When movie makers in the '70s wanted to imply an other worldliness to a scene they'd do things like that. "The Dunwich Horror" is an example.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

I always get the impression that h.p Lovecraft's creations were always open to interpretation, vague, so if one person thinks they nailed it, another one comes along with a completely different idea

Just looking up Azathoth, the blind idiot god, has all difference interpretations.

I think lovecraft left them as vague as possible, because he wanted to create the idea of them being beyond human comprehension, that nobody could just tie down his old gods with one basic design, because if they were beyond what we could rationalize, that made them all the more terrifying.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on March 12, 2018, 05:31:11 PM
I always get the impression that h.p Lovecraft's creations were always open to interpretation, vague, so if one person things they nailed it, another one comes along with a completely different idea
This is why I prefer radio to TV and movies -- the pictures are better.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on March 13, 2018, 09:35:28 AM
This is why I prefer radio to TV and movies -- the pictures are better.  :)
I grew up watching The Lone Ranger, The Cisco Kid, The Whistler, and Gunsmoke all on the radio.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 13, 2018, 11:14:23 AM
I grew up watching The Lone Ranger, The Cisco Kid, The Whistler, and Gunsmoke all on the radio.
I avoided that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 13, 2018, 11:14:23 AM
I spent the morning on archive.org's Old Time Radio section alternating between episodes of X Minus One, and the Bob and Ray show.  Glorious stuff.  :)

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on March 13, 2018, 12:28:04 PM
I spent the morning on archive.org's Old Time Radio section alternating between episodes of X Minus One, and the Bob and Ray show.  Glorious stuff.  :)
I may have to make that journey.

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 13, 2018, 12:58:27 PM
I may have to make that journey.
Definitely worth the trip.  Besides X Minus One and Dimension X and Bob & Ray (clear back to when they were local in Boston), there's unedited episodes of You Bet Your Life, as well as all the other usual suspects (Mercury Theatre, Gunsmoke, Dragnet, Jack Benny, Spike Jones, Lights Out, Inner Sanctum...).

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 13, 2018, 02:58:42 PM
You don't start growing old until you stop growing up.
Cool, I'm going to live forever -- I'm never going to grow all the way up!  :D