Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 25, 2018, 04:47:54 PM

I sometimes wonder what the world is like to that frog.  Or a snake.  I once sat and watched a small snakw in my small pond grab a frog and spend an hour swallowing it,  The frog croaked piteously. 

Some other person might have saved the frog.  I didn't.  I watched (sadly).  I guess that is how nature photographers have to think.

On the other hand, had that been a hawk and one of my cats, they would have hawk feathers to play with.  There are limits.  And the boundaries are tricky.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I guess a snake likes to savor its meals, and must have all the patience it needs to enjoy a good dinner.

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 12:04:59 PM
I sometimes wonder what the world is like to that frog.  Or a snake.  I once sat and watched a small snakw in my small pond grab a frog and spend an hour swallowing it,  The frog croaked piteously. 

Some other person might have saved the frog.  I didn't.  I watched (sadly).  I guess that is how nature photographers have to think.

On the other hand, had that been a hawk and one of my cats, they would have hawk feathers to play with.  There are limits.  And the boundaries are tricky.

Yeah, be a nature photographer.  Be in a plexiglass container, while a Great White circles trying to bite you (he can't see the plastic).  Or the same on land, while a Serengeti lion (much smarter than a shark) tries to figure out the easy opening package!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

PopeyesPappy

I don't know about awesome but I took this picture last week. There is nothing but about 7500 miles of water between the beach on the other side of those palm trees and the west coast of Nicaragua.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2018, 04:03:36 PM

Facial recognition software does the same .. except instead of trees, it is ape's asses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on February 01, 2018, 07:25:15 PM
Kwaj again.
Asleep at the switch again. 7,500 was way wrong. I need to take more drugs.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

GSOgymrat

Yellowstone National Park in the style of J.R.R. Tolkien’s maps by Dan Bell.

Cavebear

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 04, 2018, 04:03:34 PM
Yellowstone National Park in the style of J.R.R. Tolkien’s maps by Dan Bell.

It DOES look a lot like his maps in the Silmarillion of where the elves lived!  Nice.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but it isn't a picture, but it has some visually stunning stuff that I thought y'all might enjoy seeing, so I'll put it here since I didn't know where else to put it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lw59A8hI0A
God Not Found