Author Topic: Post your awesome pictures here!!!  (Read 118465 times)

Offline trdsf

Re: Post your awesome pictures here!!!
« Reply #915 on: July 09, 2020, 04:58:42 PM »
Bucket list item checked off: glassblowing.  :D

Made this at Glass Axis last week.  I want to take another class already!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

« Reply #916 on: December 17, 2020, 12:02:06 AM »
You made that? Fuck! That looks good!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

« Reply #917 on: December 17, 2020, 06:07:34 AM »
You blew it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline trdsf

« Reply #918 on: December 17, 2020, 01:33:45 PM »
Thank you!  The colors were fortuitous -- I thought they'd come out looking slightly differently than they did, but I like what I got.  I intend to take further classes there as time and money permit.  It's a perfect double rocks glass, although I use it sparingly to prevent accidents happening to it.

Also, GS, I saw what you did there.  XD
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Online Hydra009

« Reply #919 on: February 01, 2021, 11:08:08 PM »

« Reply #920 on: February 02, 2021, 07:27:49 AM »
I though "Christina Ricci" at first glance.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline trdsf

« Reply #921 on: March 04, 2021, 05:48:46 PM »
My uranium glass collection has been re-housed in a gloriously MidMod cabinet:

Offline PopeyesPappy

« Reply #922 on: August 30, 2021, 07:35:34 AM »
Ida doing crazy things to the sky here this morning. No rain but a double rainbow. Not the best picture...

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

« Reply #923 on: August 30, 2021, 08:25:24 AM »
PZ Myers

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #924 on: August 31, 2021, 02:55:15 AM »
Isn't that...too lose?

E: close, lol
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 12:55:30 PM by drunkenshoe »
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

« Reply #925 on: September 02, 2021, 10:05:50 PM »
Isn't that...too lose?

Your thunking in reverse perspective, which makes *close* objects look much larger.
PZ Myers

Online Hydra009

« Reply #926 on: September 02, 2021, 10:15:58 PM »
Isn't that...too lose?

Nah, the photographer got most of the ship in the shot.

« Reply #927 on: September 02, 2021, 11:47:27 PM »
Nah, the photographer got most of the ship in the shot.
i got 4 carriers  in one shot once, nearly a mile of bird farms, at North
island, 1988.
PZ Myers

« Reply #928 on: September 03, 2021, 07:56:09 AM »
Those guns are bigger than that tug. I wonder if they had to account for windage?

« Reply #929 on: September 04, 2021, 11:55:35 AM »
Those guns are bigger than that tug. I wonder if they had to account for windage?
Windage, speed, barometric pressure, humidity, etc.
PZ Myers