Author Topic: Post your awesome pictures here!!!  (Read 36621 times)

Offline SGOS

Re: Post your awesome pictures here!!!
« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2018, 03:28:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, I see that now, it's not what I thought it was. Try this one, it's much better:

That's the ticket!

Offline trdsf

« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2018, 03:35:00 PM »
Yeah, I see that now, it's not what I thought it was. Try this one, it's much better:

Awesome -- that one had a few I hadn't seen before!
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2018, 04:03:48 PM »
I still can't believe the green and blue stripes are the same in that first one.
"The Republicans went from Abraham Lincoln to Sarah Palin to Donald Trump. No wonder they don't believe in evolution."
Any Borowitz

Offline SGOS

« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2018, 04:21:22 PM »
I still can't believe the green and blue stripes are the same in that first one.
Yeah, they should at least prove it since they went through the trouble of making it.

« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2018, 04:27:56 PM »
I guess it's all about contrast, or context, or something.
"The Republicans went from Abraham Lincoln to Sarah Palin to Donald Trump. No wonder they don't believe in evolution."
Any Borowitz

Offline Baruch

« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2018, 09:57:22 PM »
I guess it's all about contrast, or context, or something.

This is why literalism, even visual literalism, is a fail.  A text has 4 levels of interpretation, how many does a picture have, if a picture is worth a thousand words?
שלום

Online Munch

« Reply #396 on: April 26, 2018, 07:32:36 PM »

Offline Baruch

« Reply #397 on: April 26, 2018, 08:36:09 PM »
Looks like Apocalypse to me ... make the valleys into mountains and the mountains into valleys ...
שלום

Online Munch

« Reply #398 on: May 05, 2018, 09:02:33 AM »

Offline trdsf

« Reply #399 on: May 05, 2018, 08:36:31 PM »

I am obliged to go WOW! over this one.  I would actually be willing to pay money to have this.
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Offline Baruch

« Reply #400 on: May 05, 2018, 11:57:41 PM »
I am obliged to go WOW! over this one.  I would actually be willing to pay money to have this.

And cats would love to knock if off the shelf ;-)
שלום

« Reply #401 on: May 06, 2018, 06:19:34 AM »
"Coffee Lovers".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

« Reply #402 on: May 06, 2018, 06:22:02 AM »

Attenborough voice: We see the chrysalis beginning to crack and it's clear that the Mega Shopper will soon be free of that shell and ready to migrate to the nearest mall, where the species will die out due to the lack of males in that environment.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline trdsf

« Reply #403 on: May 07, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »
New infrared filters.  Here I took identical 680, 730 and 850nm shots and shifted them into the visible spectrum, basically: 680 to blue, 730 to green and 850 to red.  I have a 950nm filter but it's problematic because of the extended exposure times it requires.

Anyway, my back yard, shifted up from the infrared:

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #404 on: May 09, 2018, 11:51:37 AM »
New infrared filters.  Here I took identical 680, 730 and 850nm shots and shifted them into the visible spectrum, basically: 680 to blue, 730 to green and 850 to red.  I have a 950nm filter but it's problematic because of the extended exposure times it requires.

Anyway, my back yard, shifted up from the infrared:

I have NO IDEA what you are describing.  But the results are impressive...  Thank you.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk