News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New Motorcycle

Started by wolf39us, May 11, 2016, 06:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I hate to be a spoil sport, but I just heard yesterday that a friend of mine was killed on his motorcycle two days ago.  He was with a bunch of riders, and somehow he smashed into a pickup, and died at the scene.  I don't know any more details than that at this time.  Be careful, you guys.

hrdlr110

Quote from: SGOS on May 14, 2016, 06:53:48 AM
I hate to be a spoil sport, but I just heard yesterday that a friend of mine was killed on his motorcycle two days ago.  He was with a bunch of riders, and somehow he smashed into a pickup, and died at the scene.  I don't know any more details than that at this time.  Be careful, you guys.

Sorry to hear that........

I'm mindful of the potential of a crash every time I climb on - it's a fear that keeps me very vigilant, because I ride every day. Expect the unexpected in every situation.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Flanker1Six

Quote from: hrdlr110 on May 14, 2016, 07:10:49 AM
Sorry to hear that........

I'm mindful of the potential of a crash every time I climb on - it's a fear that keeps me very vigilant, because I ride every day. Expect the unexpected in every situation.

Great advice!  I've been riding a long time; most of my close calls have been other drivers for a wide variety of reasons, and as I live in a rural agricultural area...............various forms of wild life.  Deer, turkeys, dogs, vultures, and the odd cow.  Missed all of 'em..............a trend I hope to continue!  One thing I've noticed over the last 5-7 years and gotten paranoid about is the exponential increase in distracted driving due to people bleeping around with their electronic marvelry.  Lucky for them I didn't have my EMP pistol with me! 

My two current rides:

SGOS

Quote from: Flanker1Six on May 14, 2016, 01:01:06 PM
Great advice!  I've been riding a long time; most of my close calls have been other drivers for a wide variety of reasons, and as I live in a rural agricultural area...............various forms of wild life.  Deer, turkeys, dogs, vultures, and the odd cow.  Missed all of 'em..............a trend I hope to continue!  One thing I've noticed over the last 5-7 years and gotten paranoid about is the exponential increase in distracted driving due to people bleeping around with their electronic marvelry.  Lucky for them I didn't have my EMP pistol with me! 

All my life I've been and avid pedal bike rider.  I moved to a more rural area with mountain roads.  With lots of curves, narrow roads, and no shoulders, I don't bike ride anymore.  While the traffic isn't very heavy, there's still more of it than where I lived before, which for whatever reason had much wider roads.  Because the traffic is somewhat light, some drivers, especially when they are on the outside of a curve, tend to cross over the center line.  I guess they assume they probably aren't going meet anyone.  I'd be on the edge, but if a car was taking the curve while coming up behind me, and it met someone crossing the center line, I'd be in a tight spot.  I decided it wasn't worth it.  I do have hiking trails, so I do that instead.

wolf39us

Just got the VIN #. Waiting on the CO (Title I suppose?). Hopefully Saturday! :-)