Angola bans Islam, all mosques to be destroyed

Started by pr126, March 04, 2016, 12:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1063888

QuoteBy popular demand, Angolan authorities have taken pre-emptive action and decided to ban the Muslim religion, which they consider a cult, NOT a religion. They see what Muslims are doing to non-Muslims, especially in Africa, and are taking steps to prevent the same from happening in Angola. In early October 2013, the Muslims living in Luanda in the municipality of Viana Zango were shocked to see the minaret of their mosque dismantled into pieces on the ground without permission. On Thursday 03 October in the morning, the Angolan authorities decided to destroy the mosque Zango located in the urban district of Viana 17 km. The governor of Luanda Bento announced in a radio spot that radical Muslims are not welcome in Angola and the Angolan government is not ready for the legalization of mosques in Angola.

Atheon

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Munch

So Angola's a country I've never thought about before, never anything important really came from it until this article, so out of intrest I did the old google maps and dropped my little street view guy on a random location, to see the country from that angle.

This is what I saw on my first drop.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

josephpalazzo

Angola bans Islam, all mosques to be destroyed.

It's the TRUMP EFFECT.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Draconic Aiur

mauricio

This is fucked up. Authoritarian overreaction like this fuels zealotry and insurgency. You cannot outlaw ideologies.

Baruch

Quote from: mauricio on March 05, 2016, 09:54:45 PM
This is fucked up. Authoritarian overreaction like this fuels zealotry and insurgency. You cannot outlaw ideologies.

Tyranny is good, as long as it is for the right reasons ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.