News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Romney lays into Trump

Started by Hydra009, March 03, 2016, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iefXdC794I

While I'm not very fond of Romney and I'm pretty sure he's talking out of his ass a lot of his speech (I'd love to hear what "challenging entitlements" translates into), I heartily agree with his assessment of Trump.  Self-aggrandizing, bullying, scapegoating demagogue whose policies would hurt our economy and alienate our allies.

I particularly liked his dig at Trump for endorsing torture, admiring Putin, and cheering protesters getting hauled away.  I wish Romney had chosen to run this election cycle instead of the last election cycle.  He could've nipped this Trump stuff in the bud instead of lambasting the guy when it's almost already too late to stop him from being the party nominee.

Nonsensei

Trump will dismiss him.

And because Trump's supporters want Trump in office to get rid of the brown skins and gays, they will support him when he does the dismissing. They would also support him if he blew up a fully loaded passenger jet, or raped a 6 year old girl on a public street in front of a church just as mass was ending.

Thats what we are dealing with here.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

AllPurposeAtheist

Rubes are only upset at trump because he's potentially dangerous enough to completely dismantle the republican party inside out and send millions of voters into the loving arms of the democrats... They've carefully crafted the culture of fear among rube voters and they fear trump will go too far and end up getting impeached and losing both chambers of congress.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

They are called citizen voters, not rubes.  Unless you support authoritarianism not democracy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

This spat is pretty funny considering how chummy they were back in 2012:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95-5PjdEC8

drunkenshoe

LOL. I know the sequel to this part of the comedy. We already had it.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 05, 2016, 11:49:55 AM
This spat is pretty funny considering how chummy they were back in 2012:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95-5PjdEC8
This is precisely why Trump will be able to laugh it off. He knows how the game works, and every time he points it out his audience eats it up.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

This election has turned into a bad fantasy. Next there will be Trolls coming out from under the tables. Oh wait- they've already arrived.

GSOgymrat

Poll: Romney helps more than hurts Trump with Republicans

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/poll-romney-helps-more-than-hurts-trump-with-republicans/ar-AAgx5z4?ocid=spartandhp

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney delivered an impassioned speech last week blasting Donald Trump as a “fraud” who would hand the White House to Hillary Clinton. But a new poll finds that the 2012 GOP nominee’s attacks might have helped Trump more than hurt him, at least with Republican voters tasked with choosing this year's nominee. The Morning Consult survey found 31% of registered GOP voters are more likely to vote for Trump given Romney’s speech, while 20% are less likely. Another 43% said it didn’t have an impact either way.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 08, 2016, 04:35:40 PM
Poll: Romney helps more than hurts Trump with Republicans

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/poll-romney-helps-more-than-hurts-trump-with-republicans/ar-AAgx5z4?ocid=spartandhp

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney delivered an impassioned speech last week blasting Donald Trump as a “fraud” who would hand the White House to Hillary Clinton. But a new poll finds that the 2012 GOP nominee’s attacks might have helped Trump more than hurt him, at least with Republican voters tasked with choosing this year's nominee. The Morning Consult survey found 31% of registered GOP voters are more likely to vote for Trump given Romney’s speech, while 20% are less likely. Another 43% said it didn’t have an impact either way.

Funny how anyone would even listen to a loser like Rmoney.  Any of these candidates, probably have a not so secret backer with their hand up the ass of the candidate, Charlie McCarthy style ... a K Rove or D Cheney or some other horror.  We can only wonder who had his fist up the backside of these candidates ... though the dog and pony show might be real, maybe Mr Trump doesn't have a ... Giapetto pulling his strings.

I would be happy to vote for an R-candidate, if they put a serious candidate forward, not Peewee Herman meats an alligator pit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

today in our time, that will never happen