After 8 years of selling fear GOP wants "civil"?

Started by Brian37, March 11, 2016, 08:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

What a load of bullshit and hypocrisy. And the top of that garbage heap Trump using the word "civil" was vomit inducing. This is the asshole who called a vet a loser, called Mexicans rapists. Said at rallies "I'd like to punch him in the face" and "stretchers" and thinks the word "fuck" is an appropriate campaign word to use on twitter.

The GOP only has itself to blame for Trump's rise. And I also hope that those who have been assaulted by Trump's "passionate" fans sue Trump for inciting violence. The worst part is this same party will be the first to point out the calls for violence in the middle east but the GOP is slick, as long as you use dog whistle code language, you can call it "passion" and freedom.

Yes, you are seeing cuss words in this post. But these fuckwads don't understand the difference between selling fear and blasphemy. Nor do they understand that there are different rolls for the private citizen, private media, the free press, free speech, and the person in office. Blasphemy is needed to maintain a free society, but it is a public official's DUTY not just to those they voted for, but to everyone to protect the idea of the peaceful transfer of power. That concept can be very easily destroyed by selling fear and demagoguery.

There is a long term history going on here, that started with Falwell's push for more religion. I also think that the GOP has been bitter about Nixon ever since. But the hate and fear was coded 8 years ago, masked behind word like "patriotism" and "religion" and the gas got poured on the fire when Obama got elected. And that November, the day after he was elected, 2 and half months before he took his first oath, the GOP was screaming they'd make him a 1 term president.

And month after month and year after year the coded language got worse and worse and they really flipped out when Obama won the second time. Slowly they kept doubling down on the fear to the point they stopped coding it, and that is when Trump took over and simply stopped hiding it.

So now the GOP is scared and now they want civility? Ironic because that is what dems have wanted the entire time. Sorry GOP it is a little too late. You should have thought about that before you decided to act like schoolyard brats and bullies and obstructionists.

FUCK YOU! Maybe if you hadn't been dicks in the first place?
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Atheon

8 years? The GOP haven't been civil in decades.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Atheon on March 11, 2016, 09:04:19 AM
8 years? The GOP haven't been civil in decades.
Not since Nixon, anyway. Eisenhower is okay. But he wasn't a politician and it showed.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm voting for Frank Underwood . He doesn't back down to terror. He makes terror! 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Bwahaha ... I bet the RINOs safe in their 19th tee cocktail hour ... use all sorts of uncivil speech ... they just make sure it isn't recored (sorry Mittens).  It isn't right for the hoi poloi to ape their betters.  Just "Yes, Lord Vader or Right Away, Lord Vader" for us orcs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Brian37 on March 11, 2016, 08:48:39 AM
What a load of bullshit and hypocrisy. And the top of that garbage heap Trump using the word "civil" was vomit inducing. This is the asshole who called a vet a loser, called Mexicans rapists. Said at rallies "I'd like to punch him in the face" and "stretchers" and thinks the word "fuck" is an appropriate campaign word to use on twitter.

Trump is tapping into voters' anger at the system. He's ahead because he's shown to be better at paying this game than the other candidates. He's also well versed into this game that he knows how to change his game plane as things developed. So if he thinks that civility can improve his chances of winning at this stage of the game, he will be more civil. But there is no guarantee of success. We are far from July, when we will see the endgame.

The Atheist

The Democrats haven't exactly been saints, either. In fact, I'd say that Democrats are a bit greasier than your typical Republican.
"I will take China's Great Wall because they owe us so much money, and I will place it on the Mexican border."

-Ronald Rump

Baruch

Quote from: The Atheist on March 14, 2016, 01:41:31 AM
The Democrats haven't exactly been saints, either. In fact, I'd say that Democrats are a bit greasier than your typical Republican.

The DINOs have rather less money, they are still hungry for graft (see Clintons) ... RINOs with real money, don't have to scramble for Mardi Gras favors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

They're just saying they want civil for appearances sake.