Atheists and Christians should unite to better combat their greatest threat

Started by pope-a-dope, March 02, 2016, 11:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Nonsensei on March 05, 2016, 04:27:57 PM
The world has never seen worse eh? Fascinating.

No, it hasn't. Bu that depends on the size of your world. It's actually something much much bigger than 'America, Europe and the enemy out to get us around it'.

Also you realise that USA and allies includes the country I live in too, right?  I can never be sure with your usual world vision.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Jack89 on March 05, 2016, 04:59:32 PM
I was thinking of SJWs when you mentioned greatest threat.

It must be very nice to live in a world that small and cosy. You'll fit right into Catholicism.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 05, 2016, 07:35:53 PM
We need to unite to fight the boogieman. It's true! Just look under your bed at night.  Ever wonder why you no longer get a nickel when you lose a tooth?  The boogieman is waging war against the tooth fairy and keeps stealing YOUR nickel!

:rotflmao:

pope-a-dope

It wouldn't be humane for America and nations that allow their people the luxury of separation of religion and state, freedom to blaspheme, free speech for or against Religion, to go into all nations that do not allow those liberties, and overthrow their governments, and institute one like ours , but if it were successfully done, regardless of how inhumane it might initiate be, the world would absolutely be a better place.

Especially for Atheists.

The lives of hundreds of millions of people would not be ruined, enslaved, stripped of Rights, and on house arrest for having female genitalia is one example.

AllPurposeAtheist

And while I'm at it I'm waging war on stupid people and in fact anyone who doesn't agree needs to be beaten daily and twice on Sunday.. Just imagine Saturday nights for them..
'You know what tomorrow is? Wahhhh!'
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

doorknob

Quote from: pope-a-dope on March 06, 2016, 08:53:14 AM
It wouldn't be humane for America and nations that allow their people the luxury of separation of religion and state, freedom to blaspheme, free speech for or against Religion, to go into all nations that do not allow those liberties, and overthrow their governments, and institute one like ours , but if it were successfully done, regardless of how inhumane it might initiate be, the world would absolutely be a better place.

Especially for Atheists.

The lives of hundreds of millions of people would not be ruined, enslaved, stripped of Rights, and on house arrest for having female genitalia is one example.

So what your saying is the ends justifies the means.

Hey I'd like to be a dictator for a day too and take a wack at making the world a better place.

Mike Cl

Quote from: pope-a-dope on March 06, 2016, 08:53:14 AM

Especially for Atheists.

Can you name me one instance when this was successful?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

[mod]Phattmatt, nice to see you're back on here with a new account.[/mod]

Shiranu

People like Mike are the reason I take people like prs or the hate preachers on campus rhetoric seriously... it only takes one brain fried person like him to buy it and ruin some innocent people or people's lives.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cocoa Beware

Absolutely not.

For one thing, the Christians would probably find they have more common ground with Muslims then they would atheists.

They do not like atheists, they don't trust us, none of that. Who else remembers that study a few years back where an alarming proportion of them basically thought we were the scum of the Earth:

http://news.nationalpost.com/holy-post/religious-people-do-not-believe-in-atheists-study

The other thing is, they aren't really a military threat. Even the wealthier countries don't have great post secondary education, which you ultimately need to pour back into your country to create quality GDP, manufacturing, high tech industry etc. Among other things this basically means stuff like jets, tanks, missiles etc. need to be imported.

AllRight

After reading Ayan Hirsi Ali's books it clarified my understanding as to why Islam needs a reformation if it is even going to be considered for toleration by the liberal left or anyone. How can one be tolerant of a religion that promotes violence and death by stoning or any other means to women and homosexuals for social norms in the rest of the world society such as showing a modest amount of skin or preference of a life partner.

pr126

Allright wrote:
QuoteAfter reading Ayan Hirsi Ali's books it clarified my understanding as to why Islam needs a reformation if it is even going to be considered for toleration by the liberal left or anyone. How can one be tolerant of a religion that promotes violence and death by stoning or any other means to women and homosexuals for social norms in the rest of the world society such as showing a modest amount of skin or preference of a life partner.

Please do not read Ayan Hirsi Ali's books, she is a racist Islamophobe, she is full of hate to the one true and noble religion.

Just concentrate on berating Christians and Jews.

For many decades we have been taught that Islam is peace, and they are pioneers of wisdom, beacons of morality, advanced in all fields of science that the infiels appropiated for themselves, claiming that they have discovered everything, which is of course a lie.

Those bad things that you read in the media about the Taleban, ISIS, Boko Haram, Muslim Brotherhood, Hizbollah are all smears, lies that never happened. They are simply spread to make Islam look bad.
There is no such thing as jihad, never was.

Do you honestly believe that they are beheading, raping, enslaving, burning alive, blowing up people, molesting children? Do you?

Those are not real Muslims, it is not real Islam.

The Quran forbids killing the innocents. The Quran teaches peace, tolerance, love for fellow men.
Muhammad was the most peaceful, moral, perfect example of a man that every Muslim must emulate.
He never robbed, raped, mass murdered, enslaved, child molested, despite of what the Islamic sources say.
All lies.

You have been misguided about the noble religion. Hope this helps you understand it a bit better.
Muslims are not your enemy.
It is just a lie spread by the media to make you afraid of yet another boogie man.

Peace be with you brother.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on March 06, 2016, 11:30:31 PM
Allright wrote:
Please do not read Ayan Hirsi Ali's books, she is a racist Islamophobe, she is full of hate to the one true and noble religion.

Just concentrate on berating Christians and Jews.

For many decades we have been taught that Islam is peace, and they are pioneers of wisdom, beacons of morality, advanced in all fields of science that the infiels appropiated for themselves, claiming that they have discovered everything, which is of course a lie.

Those bad things that you read in the media about the Taleban, ISIS, Boko Haram, Muslim Brotherhood, Hizbollah are all smears, lies that never happened. They are simply spread to make Islam look bad.
There is no such thing as jihad, never was.

Do you honestly believe that they are beheading, raping, enslaving, burning alive, blowing up people, molesting children? Do you?

Those are not real Muslims, it is not real Islam.

The Quran forbids killing the innocents. The Quran teaches peace, tolerance, love for fellow men.
Muhammad was the most peaceful, moral, perfect example of a man that every Muslim must emulate.
He never robbed, raped, mass murdered, enslaved, child molested, despite of what the Islamic sources say.
All lies.

You have been misguided about the noble religion. Hope this helps you understand it a bit better.
Muslims are not your enemy.
It is just a lie spread by the media to make you afraid of yet another boogie man.

Peace be with you brother.

I thought pr went crazy, and then I got to the part that I highlighted in bold and I realized he is still anti-islam.

Well. Maybe he's still a bit nuts, but he still has the same stance. lol

pr126

What?! I've been rumbled? Anti Islam? Me? Never. Say it isn't true.

See you in the mosque at the Friday khutbah.
Peace be with you, brother.

Seriously though, anyone here on AF not anti Islam, should check his / her moral compass.
Would anyone here make a remark on me for being anti Christian?

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .