News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why I Left Islam - MY STORY

Started by bussta333, February 28, 2016, 06:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bussta333

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1WL2_w-rY
This video is a little more personal than my others, but I feel like I need to get this off my chest as it's something I've been walking around with for a long time.
Coming out as an ex Muslim is something that many people compare to coming out as gay in the 70's.  Apostasy is a crime in every theocracy remaining, and Muslim apostates face threats, torture, and discrimination in those countries for their entire lives. 
Today, I want to talk to y'all about my experience with Islam, and how I was able to finally escape it.  Hope you enjoy.

stromboli

Recommend this site to you also, if you haven't seen it

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim

A community for ExMuslims.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bussta333 on February 28, 2016, 06:46:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1WL2_w-rY
This video is a little more personal than my others, but I feel like I need to get this off my chest as it's something I've been walking around with for a long time.
Coming out as an ex Muslim is something that many people compare to coming out as gay in the 70's.  Apostasy is a crime in every theocracy remaining, and Muslim apostates face threats, torture, and discrimination in those countries for their entire lives. 
Today, I want to talk to y'all about my experience with Islam, and how I was able to finally escape it.  Hope you enjoy.

Welcome to the forum. Gonna be sticking around?

pr126

Welcome to the forum. Hope to read your posts.

Islam is maintained with only two things: Fear and deception.

LOL. That call to prayer sounded like an air raid siren going off.  :wtf:

Blackleaf

Very good video. Converting from Christianity to atheism can be a similar experience, but at least we don't have to live in fear of being killed for our skepticism. Still, the Christian faith here is used to take money from people, to control them, and to prevent progress. Fortunately, thanks to the internet, the truth has become extremely easy to find. The BS religious people post on the internet can be refuted publicly by people who use their brain, and this puts them in a difficult position, where they can not censor or deny the truth. I really, really hope that within the next two hundred years, religion will lose so much influence that the vast majority will forget that they even exist.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

pope-a-dope

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 29, 2016, 01:01:19 AM
Very good video. Converting from Christianity to atheism can be a similar experience, but at least we don't have to live in fear of being killed for our skepticism. Still, the Christian faith here is used to take money from people, to control them, and to prevent progress. Fortunately, thanks to the internet, the truth has become extremely easy to find. The BS religious people post on the internet can be refuted publicly by people who use their brain, and this puts them in a difficult position, where they can not censor or deny the truth. I really, really hope that within the next two hundred years, religion will lose so much influence that the vast majority will forget that they even exist.
There is a threat against atheists that is coming exclusively from Islam.  If there was much a threat against atheists coming from Christianity , we would see in nations like this where the majority of Congress, and the president , and House of Representatives and the Senate, (Gov), is made up of a vast majority of Christians, laws depriving atheists of free speech or other Liberties that Christians have to express their beliefs, and I don't see that.  Actually, on tv i see a lot of a mockery and a lot of disgust for christianity expressed , further emphasizing that there is no media bias that is somehow censoring the voice of atheists in America, despite this being predominantly a Christian country.

Christianity has come so far because there is absolutely not one thing in the teachings of Christ , the apostles, the new testament, or first or second century Christians that justify a crusade or inquisition.

Jesus and the early Christians preached to love ones enemies, to not return evil for evil, and when people picked up swords to defend Christ , he said "put away your swords .those who live by the sword shall die by the sword."

When it was time for the adulteress to be stoned, he said "let those who are without sin cast the first stone.  ". The teachings of Christ are completely non-threatening.

Islam shall always be a disaster that never reforms because Muhammad and the early Muslims did everything that terrorist groups can use to justify mass murderer, pedophilia, slavery, genocide, and ruthless Dictatorships.

Cocoa Beware

Welcome friend.

I have felt for a long time that Ex-Muslims are some of the bravest people on the planet.

You must have a keener understanding then most, making your critique extremely valuable.