News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Motorcycle Video

Started by kilodelta, February 25, 2016, 11:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

I made this about two years ago and never uploaded it. After I made it, I felt it wasn't that entertaining. I think I was more pissed about this small incident than inspired.

What do you think about the idea of the video for a series? Is it too petty? It might be a stretch for me to get more video of incidents. Honestly, not that much happens on the road that I think would be entertaining on a video. I have two other things I could upload using the same format. A pair of baby deer that I try to start a conversation with after stopping next to them and another almost merging into me incident.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

stromboli

True story bro. Don't currently have a bike but I concur. And you've got my permission, which has exactly zero currency on here.

hrdlr110

Quote from: kilodelta on February 25, 2016, 11:19:40 PM
I made this about two years ago and never uploaded it. After I made it, I felt it wasn't that entertaining. I think I was more pissed about this small incident than inspired.

What do you think about the idea of the video for a series? Is it too petty? It might be a stretch for me to get more video of incidents. Honestly, not that much happens on the road that I think would be entertaining on a video. I have two other things I could upload using the same format. A pair of baby deer that I try to start a conversation with after stopping next to them and another almost merging into me incident.

When I ride I must have the superpower of being invisible. So I ride just like I'm invisible. Seems to work. I Rarely go a day without being cut off or ignored at intersections, and I could never go an entire week. When we take the car, I drive the exact same way, but rarely have the need. Riding a motorcycle makes you better driver of cars!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

hrdlr110

Oh, and about being upset at the incident - you really need to lower your expectations of other drivers. This prepares you for nearly everything they could do.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

Gawdzilla Sama

I often rode in groups of fifty or more. We made sure that people who thought we were invisible got a clue. Or a short stay in a hospital.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

kilodelta

What I'd really like to know is if this was a series of YouTube videos, would you watch it?

What is appealing / unappealing about it?

josephpalazzo

I concur with hr, your expectation should be lowered. I've seen far worse than that. But there's nothing wrong with a series of videos highlighting such incidents to make people aware of their awful habits on the road. How many of those people would watch though remains to be seen.

kilodelta

Yeah. Unless I capture a motorcycle being destroyed by a car, I don't think many would watch it.

hrdlr110

Ok,  feedback;  I'd halt the video just prior to being faced with 2 or 3 decisions (pass,  speed up,  slow down etc).  Make it more about rider safety. Here in Australia there's a safe rider campaign called ride to live where they do something similar in a 30 sec psa. There are no tough ones really, the answer is always obvious. It always is on a bike. When you're on two wheels you never have the right of way - as good as it might look on your tombstone, you just don't.

kilodelta

Yeah. I'm totally reassessing what I want to do as a series. I would like to have an educational component to it, but it really needs to be entertaining. I can do another stop video with "quizzing" what decision should be made. But if it's overly dry, I'm not going to enjoy it.

A character of some sort might make it more entertaining... Mr. Chimera the Moto-Buddy? Road Rash the Clown? Road Rage Care Bear? Dalek Road Safety Administration?  ...I know I can modify voice to come across as Dalek... that might work. I'm brain storming while typing here... damn it, now I'm thinking about thinking.

kilodelta

Here's a safety related Motorcycle quiz video. It tests one's scanning and assessing ability.

I need more decision point footage to in order to put one together as hrdlr suggests.