News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

the prophecy

Started by noneHalos, March 22, 2013, 07:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noneHalos

Doesn't look like too many on this board are talking about it. So I thought I should bring it up.

Picture a giant complex puzzle board put together perfectly. But then a few (or a lot) of the pieces don't match the picture well. So you scrape it off and re-draw it to make it match. That's "Holding the prophecy to be true" in a nutshell. people who believe in the end times tried their very best to convince others and themselves that the prophecy shall be fulfilled. Not just because they want it to be true, they need to be true. It can be scary when they're dead wrong on something they been told that's undeniably true. I know, I've been there. but it never stops them.

With the new pope in the Vatican. I've unintentionally keep coming across a lot of post and reports about this pope being the final pope. Being the anti-Christ. Before they chose the new pope, many brought up the 112 will be Peter the Roman. of course the pope we have now is not Peter the Roman, but that doesn't stop people from trying to tie it together, some say he had an ancestor name Peter.

I haven't looked too deeply into this. Mostly because I don't really care, and I also know what the result is going to be... Nothing.

I glad to see more and more people moving away from these cults. Even though it's a slow process. The good thing about this, is when the times comes (you know right when it doesn't happen), this will get some to move away from religion, some still think they can't be wrong. Hopefully this will wake them up. The bad thing about this, there's going to be a lot of corruption, some will go through desperate extreme measures to get people saved, aka to join their cult of burn in hell. whatever threats necessary.

this will probably be my last post. I may or not return for another post. It was great chatting with you guys.

aitm

QuoteI haven't looked too deeply into this. Mostly because I don't really care,

I agree with that sentiment.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

QuoteThe Prophecy of the Popes (Latin: Prophetia Sancti Malachiae Archiepiscopi, de Summis Pontificibus) is a series of 112 short, cryptic phrases in Latin which purport to predict the Roman Catholic popes (along with a few antipopes), beginning with Pope Celestine II. The alleged prophecies were first published by Benedictine monk Arnold Wion in 1595. Wion attributes the prophecies to Saint Malachy, a 12th?century Archbishop of Armagh, Ireland.
Given the very accurate description of popes up to 1590 and lack of accuracy after that year, historians generally conclude that the alleged prophecies are a fabrication written shortly before they were published. The Roman Catholic Church also dismisses them as forgery.[1][2] The prophecies may have been created in an attempt to suggest that Cardinal Girolamo Simoncelli's bid for the papacy in the second conclave of 1590 was divinely ordained.
Proponents of the prophecies claim that Pope Benedict XVI corresponded to the pope described in the penultimate prophecy. The list ends with a pope identified as "Peter the Roman", whose pontificate will allegedly bring the destruction of the city of Rome and usher in the beginning of the Apocalypse.

ApostateLois

Well, I certainly wish this would be the final Pope. That would be a great thing to witness before I die. I doubt it will happen, though. As soon as this guy croaks (soon, I imagine, considering the guy's age), they'll dig up another replacement.

Quotethis will probably be my last post. I may or not return for another post. It was great chatting with you guys.

Huh?? Howcome, dude?
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

stromboli

Read the prophecy of Malachy about 5 popes ago, when a Christian. Was somewhat impressed. It is way past debunked now. One interpretation said the next to last pope will be black. I'm guessing that will be awhile.

noneHalos

Quote from: "ApostateLois"Well, I certainly wish this would be the final Pope. That would be a great thing to witness before I die. I doubt it will happen, though. As soon as this guy croaks (soon, I imagine, considering the guy's age), they'll dig up another replacement.

Quotethis will probably be my last post. I may or not return for another post. It was great chatting with you guys.

Huh?? Howcome, dude?

I'm not of a people person. I'm autistic so I tend to be very awkward with people, even in discussion forums. But mostly, religion is the thing of the past to me, and I'm tired of talking about it. It's hardly a hobby of mine. But religion seems to show it's ugly face, even when it's not welcome; so it felt like to me It was important for to talk about for a little while. Besides, most of you are more qualified than me to discuss religious issues. As religion slowly looses it's ground in developed countries. I'll be focus on other things, while religion is on it's path of self-destruction.

VaasMontenegro

Quote from: "noneHalos"With the new pope in the Vatican. I've unintentionally keep coming across a lot of post and reports about this pope being the final pope.

They said the exact same thing about Benedict and that his election as pope heralded the apocolypse on 21.12.12.

Did it happen? No.
"I\'m not a schemer. I just try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are."