Stop fucking whining and fight against real inequality.

Started by Jannabear, February 22, 2016, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2016, 07:40:42 PM
Even trans-sexuals can believe that the end justifies the means.  This particular evil is run all thru society, at every level, for every cause, laudatory or ignoble.
Consequentialism has yet to bring us world peace.

Baruch

Don't ask for peace.  Jesus is the prince of peace, and of the dead.  This is not a coincidence ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: gentle_dissident on February 23, 2016, 03:35:33 PM
"Some intersex infants and children, such as those with ambiguous outer genitalia, are surgically or hormonally altered to create more socially acceptable sex characteristics. However, this is considered controversial, with no firm evidence of good outcomes."

Look up Anne Fausto Sterling, (sp) she was writing about this 20 years ago. Good stuff, woke me up and alone changed my way of thinking about homosexuality.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

FaithIsFilth

It's easy enough for us as non-transgender people to say that the hormone therapy is not something that is medically necessary. I'm not so sure transgender people would agree with that. Going through puberty can be almost unbearable for a transgender person, so I think a good argument can be made that this is a necessity. Some may think calling it torture is going too far, but I agree with Janna here. Torture is not such a bad way of describing what you are making someone go through, when they have the brain of a female, but you are forcing them to go through puberty as a boy. Nature made a mistake by not matching the transgender person's brain with their body, so why should they be forced to go through puberty as a boy, when they are not a boy? If they don't have the brain of a boy, they are not a boy and should not be forced to be one. If you are refusing to let your kid take puberty blockers, I think a good case can be made for that being child abuse. We're not just talking about a minor making decisions for themselves. A professional has to agree that the minor is indeed transgender like they claim and they don't have other mental issues, and a professional has to agree that the person is ready for the puberty blockers/ hormone replacement and that they are healthy enough to take them.

If you let them go through puberty, you now have changes that are undesired and can't be reversed. So, when these kids get older, they are now going to be getting surgeries and other treatment that wouldn't have been necessary with the puberty blockers. That's messed up. It really doesn't seem fair that parents can say that they don't want nature's mistake to be fixed, or at least somewhat fixed, when we have the ability to do that and to improve the well being of these people. Yeah, there are risks, but where aren't there risks in life? All of life is a risk and the risk with this is quite small. I would get around the "person is a minor" thing by looking at this as something that is medically necessary. This should all be free as well.

http://gendercreativekids.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/TransActive-OHSC-Testimony.pdf

Denying or delaying access to puberty blocking (GnRH analogs) and cross-sex hormone
(Estrogen, Testosterone) treatment exposes these adolescents to:
ï,§ Social stigmatization related to “wrong gender” pubertal changes (deepening of the voice,
facial hair growth, changes to anatomical structure, breast development)
ï,§ Heightened safety concerns due to cultural discrimination & transphobic violence
ï,§ Heightened levels of depression, anxiety and low self-esteem
ï,§ Suicidal ideation (83%)
ï,§ Suicide attempts (41%)
ï,§ Use of black market hormones
ï,§ Subcutaneous injection of industrial grade silicone to create feminine body contours
ï,§ Substance abuse and sexual exploitation
ï,§ Harassment, mistreatment or discrimination at work (90%)
ï,§ Negative impact on earning ability (4X as likely to have household income under $10k)
ï,§ 2X as likely to be unemployed as general population (4X as likely for people of color)
ï,§ Generally poor future earning ability, employability and overall quality of life.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2016, 08:29:18 PM
Don't ask for peace.  Jesus is the prince of peace, and of the dead.  This is not a coincidence ;-)
Yeah?
Vegeta is the last prince of Saiyans.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 24, 2016, 01:28:26 PM
Sounds like some veggie bouillon.
Yeah. I thought the same thing, that his name sounds like that, but he's a character from a Japanese cartoon... :lol:

I was making a joke about how Baruch brought in a fictional character by bringing in a fictional character myself. I guess it didn't make that much sense because I just woke up.

drunkenshoe

LOL The hair is a bit veggie, oh but man...that facial expression is pretty meaty,lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 24, 2016, 01:36:08 PM
LOL The hair is a bit veggie, oh but man...that facial expression is pretty meaty,lol.
He's a very.... prideful character.... lol

mauricio

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 24, 2016, 01:28:26 PM
Sounds like some veggie bouillon.
From the dragonball wikipedia:

For example, the one in control of the Saiyans and other villainous aliens is Frieza. Strictly speaking, Frieza is “freezer”, but I envisioned a refrigerator when I named him. So, I grouped the names according to foods that go inside it. The Saiyans are vegetables [yasai, “vegetables”], and the Ginyu Force are dairy products [gyūnyū, “cows’ milk”], like that."
â€" Akira Toriyama - Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume interview

This is a list of origins of character names in the Dragon Ball franchise. Each character's name, particularly their original Japanese name, is a pun on regular words, often the names of various foods.

Contents[show]
Races
Saiyan (Saiya-jin) - In Japanese, saiya is formed by rearranging the syllables of the Japanese word yasai which means "vegetable".
Tuffle (Tsufuru-jin) - In Japanese, tsufuru is formed by rearranging the syllables of the Japanese word furutsu which means "fruit".
Namekian (Nameksei-jin) - In Japanese, namek is a shortening of the Japanese word namekuji which means "slug".
Majin - Can be translated as "demon". Ma (é­") means evil or demon. Jin (人) means human or person. It is also sometimes translated as "genie" (i.e. Viz's translation of the manga uses "djinn")

Saiyans
All full-blooded Saiyans' names are puns on various vegetable names.

Vegeta (Bejīta) - The first six letters of "vegetable".
Tarble (Tāburu) - Believed to be taken in English as 'Table', making this name another a pun on "vegetable", particularly its last five letters. Curiously, this would mean both Tarble and his brother Vegeta's names pun "vegetable".
Bardock (Bādakku) - A pun on a Japanese root vegetable, a "Burdock".
Borgos (Totepo) - A pun on "potato".
Broly (Burorī) - A pun on "broccoli".
Cabe (Kabe) - A pun on "cabbage".
Fasha (Seripa) - In Japanese, formed by rearranging the letters in "parsley".
Gine - Derives from negi (è'±), the Spring Onion in Japanese.
Kakarot (Kakarotto) - Goku's birth name, an interesting mutation of "carrot".
Nappa - A Japanese term for greens in general, especially grape leaves.[1] Also a form of cabbage, keeping with other Saiyans using English words as the source of their names.
Onio (From Neko Majin) - A pun on "onion".
Paragus (Paragas) - In Japanese, a loose translation of "asparagus" (in the English dub, the name uses the same spelling as the word, sans the 'as-').
Raditz (Radditsu) - Derives from "radish".
Scarface (Panbukin) - In Japanese, panbukin is a pun on "pumpkin".
Shorty (Brocco) - A pun on "broccoli".
Shugesh (Panbukin) - In Japanese, panbukin is a pun on "pumpkin".
Tora (Toma) - A shortening of "tomato".
Turles (Tāresu) - In Japanese, formed by rearranging the syllables in "lettuce"

Baruch

The character in that cartoon mostly have extreme eyebrows.  Their alien kung-fu is so awesome, they can kill with their eyebrows -)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

DeltaEpsilon

The oppression card is one of the most pathetic card ever played provided they aren't actually being oppressed. It reeks of self-entitlement and attention seeking. I believe that human's should be treated equally, but some people don't recognize their privilege.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

stromboli

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on February 29, 2016, 04:17:47 PM
The oppression card is one of the most pathetic card ever played provided they aren't actually being oppressed. It reeks of self-entitlement and attention seeking. I believe that human's should be treated equally, but some people don't recognize their privilege.

Right. Circle the wagons mentality is a hallmark of the religious. Turns out much of the martyrdom of early Christianity was heavily mythicized. I love that word.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: mauricio on February 24, 2016, 05:09:41 PM
From the dragonball wikipedia:

For example, the one in control of the Saiyans and other villainous aliens is Frieza. Strictly speaking, Frieza is “freezer”, but I envisioned a refrigerator when I named him. So, I grouped the names according to foods that go inside it. The Saiyans are vegetables [yasai, “vegetables”], and the Ginyu Force are dairy products [gyūnyū, “cows’ milk”], like that."
â€" Akira Toriyama - Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume interview

This is a list of origins of character names in the Dragon Ball franchise. Each character's name, particularly their original Japanese name, is a pun on regular words, often the names of various foods.

Contents[show]
Races
Saiyan (Saiya-jin) - In Japanese, saiya is formed by rearranging the syllables of the Japanese word yasai which means "vegetable".
Tuffle (Tsufuru-jin) - In Japanese, tsufuru is formed by rearranging the syllables of the Japanese word furutsu which means "fruit".
Namekian (Nameksei-jin) - In Japanese, namek is a shortening of the Japanese word namekuji which means "slug".
Majin - Can be translated as "demon". Ma (é­") means evil or demon. Jin (人) means human or person. It is also sometimes translated as "genie" (i.e. Viz's translation of the manga uses "djinn")

Saiyans
All full-blooded Saiyans' names are puns on various vegetable names.

Vegeta (Bejīta) - The first six letters of "vegetable".
Tarble (Tāburu) - Believed to be taken in English as 'Table', making this name another a pun on "vegetable", particularly its last five letters. Curiously, this would mean both Tarble and his brother Vegeta's names pun "vegetable".
Bardock (Bādakku) - A pun on a Japanese root vegetable, a "Burdock".
Borgos (Totepo) - A pun on "potato".
Broly (Burorī) - A pun on "broccoli".
Cabe (Kabe) - A pun on "cabbage".
Fasha (Seripa) - In Japanese, formed by rearranging the letters in "parsley".
Gine - Derives from negi (è'±), the Spring Onion in Japanese.
Kakarot (Kakarotto) - Goku's birth name, an interesting mutation of "carrot".
Nappa - A Japanese term for greens in general, especially grape leaves.[1] Also a form of cabbage, keeping with other Saiyans using English words as the source of their names.
Onio (From Neko Majin) - A pun on "onion".
Paragus (Paragas) - In Japanese, a loose translation of "asparagus" (in the English dub, the name uses the same spelling as the word, sans the 'as-').
Raditz (Radditsu) - Derives from "radish".
Scarface (Panbukin) - In Japanese, panbukin is a pun on "pumpkin".
Shorty (Brocco) - A pun on "broccoli".
Shugesh (Panbukin) - In Japanese, panbukin is a pun on "pumpkin".
Tora (Toma) - A shortening of "tomato".
Turles (Tāresu) - In Japanese, formed by rearranging the syllables in "lettuce"
Holy shit.

Baruch

Brussel sprouts are probably the brains of the Saiyan outfit.  Very EU ... euuh!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.