Stop fucking whining and fight against real inequality.

Started by Jannabear, February 22, 2016, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

This is going to be a rant, so if you don't want to see me angry don't read it.
I've noticed something present among the lgbt community, many people are ready to complain when someone makes a gay joke or makes a joke of a stereotype, but when there are actual disgusting inequalities, they're silent, they don't care.
It's a disgusting state of affairs when someone makes a joke, and everyone loses their shit, but when shit like what's going on in south dakota http://thinkprogress.org/…/south-dakota-daugaard-transgend…/
or the epidemic of transgender people attempting suicide at a massive rate before the age of 18, or the fact that transgender kids can be denied starting hormones by their parents, or the fact that many states don't do enough to stop discrimination in the work place, it seems no one gives a fuck about this, or very few do, it wouldn't take me more then 10 seconds to find someone bitching about how x comedian made a gay joke, but it would take me a while to find someone seriously worried about this, outside of a few people who have any common sense.
Someone start taking actual fucking issues seriously, I'm not going to sit by and watch more transgender students, and kids, and adults off themselves at the disgusting rate they do while people bitch about someone being politically incorrect.

mauricio

Quote from: Jannabear on February 22, 2016, 09:43:29 PM
This is going to be a rant, so if you don't want to see me angry don't read it.
I've noticed something present among the lgbt community, many people are ready to complain when someone makes a gay joke or makes a joke of a stereotype, but when there are actual disgusting inequalities, they're silent, they don't care.
It's a disgusting state of affairs when someone makes a joke, and everyone loses their shit, but when shit like what's going on in south dakota http://thinkprogress.org/…/south-dakota-daugaard-transgend…/
or the epidemic of transgender people attempting suicide at a massive rate before the age of 18, or the fact that transgender kids can be denied starting hormones by their parents, or the fact that many states don't do enough to stop discrimination in the work place, it seems no one gives a fuck about this, or very few do, it wouldn't take me more then 10 seconds to find someone bitching about how x comedian made a gay joke, but it would take me a while to find someone seriously worried about this, outside of a few people who have any common sense.
Someone start taking actual fucking issues seriously, I'm not going to sit by and watch more transgender students, and kids, and adults off themselves at the disgusting rate they do while people bitch about someone being politically incorrect.

Many of these people who complain about this trivial shit like jokes and words seem to overlap with people who try to discourage proper treatment of conditions because they confuse something being morally bad with pragmatically bad. They think: hey i have autism and that does not mean im lesser as a person, that means there's nothing wrong with me and i should not take any treatment. And this behavior is encouraged by echochambers that ban dissenting opinion. Just look at this surreal discussion i was involved in a intersectional feminist page with more than 300k followers. Of course i was banned after the guy i was arguing got tired of being unable to understand my points and called the thought police to put me away.

Nonsensei

Whats wrong with parents denying kids hormones? That shit fucks up adults, I don't even want to think of what it could do to someone still developing.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

mauricio

Quote from: Nonsensei on February 22, 2016, 10:06:08 PM
Whats wrong with parents denying kids hormones? That shit fucks up adults, I don't even want to think of what it could do to someone still developing.

I guess it is for the case in which an actual profesional is prescribing them. I have not really looked that much into what the treatment of gender dysphoria is like and the results and risks, the only thing i remenber is that post operation trans people still commited suicide pretty much as often as pre operation. Though i never actually saw where that number came from. If the treatment is not really that straight forward, effective and posses big risks. I think it should be left to the discretion of the parents. If it is simple like taking a rabies shots after a dog bite then it should be criminal not to do it and let your kid suffer.

Jannabear

Quote from: Nonsensei on February 22, 2016, 10:06:08 PM
in america the suicide attempt rate of transgender people is 40+ percent before the age of 18, the fact that people can deny kids who's gone through proper counseling and blood draws hormones is fucking child abuse.

Jannabear

And I know from personal experience, my parents repeatedly denied me hormones, and weren't supportive, and I was extremely depressed, and had problems with cutting do to this.

Nonsensei

Quote from: Jannabear on February 22, 2016, 10:34:10 PM
in america the suicide attempt rate of transgender people is 40+ percent before the age of 18, the fact that people can deny kids who's gone through proper counseling and blood draws hormones is fucking child abuse.

My cursory research of the side effects of these hormones produced a list as long as my arm. I think that puts parents in a tough position. If you deny your kid the hormones, thats child abuse according to you. On the other hand if you let a kid take a powerful drug that is, at its core, medically unnecessary and has a lot of detrimental side effects there are plenty of people who would also consider that to be child abuse.

Jannabear

Quote from: Nonsensei on February 22, 2016, 10:38:03 PM
My cursory research of the side effects of these hormones produced a list as long as my arm. I think that puts parents in a tough position. If you deny your kid the hormones, thats child abuse according to you. On the other hand if you let a kid take a powerful drug that is, at its core, medically unnecessary and has a lot of detrimental side effects there are plenty of people who would also consider that to be child abuse.
Medically unnecessary, because going through the wrong type of puberty doesn't make you more likely to kill yourself, or more likely to have a horrible sex life, or life in general.
You look at humans as if they were dogs if that's the mindset, emotional stability, mental state, none of that matters apparently.

Nonsensei

Quote from: Jannabear on February 22, 2016, 10:40:03 PM
Medically unnecessary, because going through the wrong type of puberty doesn't make you more likely to kill yourself, or more likely to have a horrible sex life, or life in general.
You look at humans as if they were dogs if that's the mindset, emotional stability, mental state, none of that matters apparently.

I think im doing better than you, since you don't seem to give a shit about their bodies or their minds. Has it occurred to you that not only are these hormone treatments potentially dangerous, but they might also ruin someones adult life? Heres a news flash for you, there is no way to tell if a kid who feels that they are the wrong gender as a child will still feel that way when they are an adult. Some do, some dont, but giving them hormones, especially the puberty blockers, might just as easily set them up for a miserable adult life as not.

Its a parents responsibility to make sure their kid makes it to adulthood as safely as possible, with as many opportunities as possible. Its prudent, in my opinion, to wait until adulthood to ensure that a child is really, FOR SURE, transgendered so that they can make their own decision about it and theres no chance for a mishap medical or otherwise.

Some trandgendered kids will kill themselves. I think there are OTHER ways to prevent that aside from letting a child make adult decisions that they may come to regret making for the rest of their lives.

Atheon

Quote from: mauricio on February 22, 2016, 10:01:25 PM
I note where the autistic guy calls on Everyday Feminism by saying you and others "intensely problematic" and making the space "unsafe". Unwitting self-parody?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

mauricio

Quote from: Atheon on February 23, 2016, 12:44:07 AM
I note where the autistic guy calls on Everyday Feminism by saying you and others "intensely problematic" and making the space "unsafe". Unwitting self-parody?

He is completely assimilated he's got the narrative, the memes and the buzzwords. The sad thing is I actually wanted to help him see the world was not really as horrible as he felt it was. But obviously the mods had to ban me and help confirm and cement his believe that the world truly hates him and that only bigots trying to oppress him would try to say otherwise. This is probably one of the most disturbing aspects of SJW echochambers the negligent normalization and even glorification of mental disorder.

The Skeletal Atheist

As per the hormone treatment deal, I don't feel like it would be medically sound to prescribe such a treatment before the brain fully develops. A transgender child should get counseling, and should have the opportunity to live as the gender of their choice, but I feel like medical intervention at such a stage is unnecessary and potentially dangerous. 18 to 21 is still early enough for the hormones to do their job properly. Hell, I know a MTF woman about 45 years of age who only began hormone treatment a few years ago. She looks like a woman with smaller tits, but according to her they're growing. She's also ex military, before the transition she was a muscle bound hulk of a man. Now she's a feminine flower. I'm not saying hormone treatment is psychologically unnecessary, but that with proper counseling and upbringing it can be delayed until the brain develops more. The teenaged brain is a dangerous thing to mess with, take this from a guy who took (and still takes) SSRIs .

As per the topic at hand, maybe I pick my friends well. Yeah, we'll still get mad if a certain fighter *cough cough* makes homophobic statements, but we do get up in arms about things like Georgia's proposed anti LGBT "religious freedom" bill that passed the senate. We also make the same gay jokes homophobes do. I have weird friends.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

PickelledEggs

drunkenshoe

Hormone treatment issues is not something as simple or black and white as denying or giving it to who thinks they need it.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp