"What else would you be doing?"

Started by gentle_dissident, February 21, 2016, 05:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: gentle_dissident on February 21, 2016, 05:44:49 PM
I was working at the general store, when an old lady in fur leaning on her cart asked me,

"Yes," I replied

She then asked, "What else would you be doing?"

Without stopping my stocking, I replied, "Making art and music. Designing papercraft and board games. Performing magic and juggling."

She sped up her cart walker to get away from me.

That was a strange encounter.  Why did she even bring that up ("Isn't it horrible you have to work for a living?")  Then she get's pissed when you actually agreed with her, and gave her some preferred alternatives.  Sounds like her motive was to set a trap.

Yeah, we all know work is required to survive.  You never said it wasn't.

Very weird conversation.  But there's probably weirder ones too.

aitm

Quote from: SGOS on February 22, 2016, 01:01:00 PM
That was a strange encounter. 

Yeah, I think she wanted to take him home with her. Maybe he has the "bad-boy" look.....heheheheh
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on February 22, 2016, 01:27:48 PM
Yeah, I think she wanted to take him home with her. Maybe he has the "bad-boy" look.....heheheheh

Not the best pick up lines (I can accommodate bad pickup lines), but the whole encounter kind of fizzles if that was her intent.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 21, 2016, 07:45:44 PM
I've often wondered what people would be doing if they didn't have to labor for wages.  For the most part, people tend to want to do more fulfilling, imaginative work.

Ain't that the truth.  My job was nothing but a distraction when I was writing a program or building a house.  I'd be right in the middle of something when I would have to stop and go to work.

SGOS

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on February 22, 2016, 01:27:48 PM

I saw that. :lol:

He has a bad boy look, I have seen a pic in the pic thread. Apparently he is also good at resisting. :P
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

Quote from: Johan on February 21, 2016, 06:02:10 PM
Probably the juggling comment that scared her off. Jugglers have the effect on people.

Or maybe she was hard of hearing and thought he her jugs were being referenced.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman