"What else would you be doing?"

Started by gentle_dissident, February 21, 2016, 05:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle_dissident

If that's the way you want to imagine it, I wish you the best of luck. Say hi to your god for me.

mauricio

Quote from: gentle_dissident on February 21, 2016, 09:49:06 PM
If that's the way you want to imagine it, I wish you the best of luck. Say hi to your god for me.

Well it is not so much that i want it but it seems like the only way. Each day i grow increasingly conviced that the human being is tragically flawed with a mind that dreams higher than what we could ever reach. But we could fix ourselves. But does a broken thing can know how to fix itself?

gentle_dissident

Quote from: mauricio on February 21, 2016, 09:54:05 PM
But does a broken thing can know how to fix itself?
There are powerful people who benefit from this broken thing. I'm pretty sure it's intentionally broken.

mauricio

Quote from: gentle_dissident on February 21, 2016, 09:57:06 PM
There are powerful people who benefit from this broken thing. I'm pretty sure it's intentionally broken.

Many cracks are probably self inflicted but many of the bigger ones have been with us and emerged from our genesis: the millions of years we evolved. I think powerful people preyed on those rather than created them.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: mauricio on February 21, 2016, 09:59:52 PM
Many cracks are probably self inflicted but many of the bigger ones have been with us and emerged from our genesis: the millions of years we evolved. I think powerful people preyed on those rather than created them.
Well, I will agree that in this age of the internet, we only have ourselves to blame for letting the powerful exploit our weaknesses. I feel like we could be strong if we stood together. I'm pretty damn strong, and all I have, at this point, is myself.

stromboli

I'm thinking a word like counterfeit or fraudulent versus fake might be a more appropriate word. I have never had any thought of seeking after a Utopian world because I've had to deal with reality my whole life in a more or less combative way; me versus the world, so to speak. Happens when you grow up poor.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: stromboli on February 21, 2016, 10:16:59 PM
I'm thinking a word like counterfeit or fraudulent versus fake might be a more appropriate word.
All fitting words.
Quote from: stromboli on February 21, 2016, 10:16:59 PM
I have never had any thought of seeking after a Utopian world because I've had to deal with reality my whole life in a more or less combative way; me versus the world, so to speak. Happens when you grow up poor.
I kinda got that vibe from you. I wish you peace.

Johan

Quote from: gentle_dissident on February 21, 2016, 10:04:46 PM
Well, I will agree that in this age of the internet, we only have ourselves to blame for letting the powerful exploit our weaknesses. I feel like we could be strong if we stood together. I'm pretty damn strong, and all I have, at this point, is myself.
I'm curious as to whom exactly you believe this powerful person is that is exploiting you.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Johan on February 21, 2016, 10:36:29 PM
I'm curious as to whom exactly you believe this powerful person is that is exploiting you.
Joel  Osteen

Johan

So.... don't care to give a real answer then? I thought as much.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Johan on February 22, 2016, 12:51:49 AM
So.... don't care to give a real answer then? I thought as much.
LOL, I thought you were joking about there being one person. Big biz and govt work hand in hand to manipulate and suppress us. They teach others that the secret to freedom is to own slaves. They put fantasies in our heads with mascots, spokespeople, and totally fake speeches. I've worked to pull myself out of that world they created for me and am stronger for it.

Baruch

"the secret to freedom is to own slaves" ... that is how the Athenians did it.  Today we exploit labor saving devices and Third World peoples.  Archimedes invented some of the first labor saving devices ... so that too is ancient, but was under-developed for a long time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Solomon Zorn

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

AllPurposeAtheist

You should have told her that your lifes goal is to suck on the big government tit and squander all of her tax dollars on drugs and hookers..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

"What else could I be doing?"  Redefining the whole concept of hedonism....if I had the money....does having money get to play in our guessing game? Cause that would change a lot of answers i imagine.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust