News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

If you support shillary...

Started by Jannabear, February 19, 2016, 06:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

Quote from: Jannabear on February 19, 2016, 06:23:01 AM
If you support shillary you're either a fucking ignorant or insane.
I'm not going to bother watching the video because I dismiss the premise entirely.  Instead I will respond that if you have to call a politician names then you're not entirely objective.  Further, if you are going to claim that anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant or otherwise mentally deficient because they disagree with your political opinion then you do not fully grasp the nature of an "opinion" or its significance in politics.  And if you have to stress your initial opinion with vulgarity, before anyone has had a chance to disagree with you, then you are unreasonably attached to your opinion.  Your opinion, therefore, is not based in rational examination of facts and is therefore irrelevant to me.  Maybe it's a good opinion.  Maybe there are real, very good reasons you feel the way that you do.  But when you start out insulting anyone who disagrees with you then you've already decided not to bother trying to convince anyone of anything or have a civil conversation, so I really don't care what your irrational opinion is.
This sentence is a lie...

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 25, 2016, 08:49:39 AM
Just decided to check out this thread. My apologies for being late.
And with that post, Jannabear wins the debate with Joe. Sorry Joe, but Jannabear's video is pretty scathing. It's not about gay-rights, it's about bad-character.

I really don't care about this poster who is full of hate, and engaging with a poster just to get back insults is something I avoid. And there are plenty of posters on this forum  on my ignore list. And I'm not losing sleep over that.

QuoteHillary voted for the war in Iraq. She changed her stance just recently (less than 6 years ago) about gay marriage, and then tried to say she always supported it. She completely made up that story about landing under fire. (There is video of her actual arrival that proves it). And of course the e-mail scandal has potentially just begun.

Are you saying that a person cannot evolve from a previous position?? I know I have changed my position on many issues. And I believe many people do, so it's not an exception that Hillary changed hers. And she changed for a better position, imo. So that's a plus in her favor.

QuoteAll in all, she seems to be carelessly duplicitous. I don't trust her.

I see her differently: she is resilient, tough, smart, experienced, knowledgeable - qualities I admire in a person.

QuoteBernie seems more genuine. Some of his ideas could take us in the right direction. Others would get weeded out, or develop into more practical measures.

I don't hold any grudge towards Bernie, except that I see him as selling a dream. For some, that's exciting, but I prefer a practical person, and Hillary fits that bill better than Bernie.

QuoteBut either candidate would be sufficient to save the supreme court, and neither candidate will be very effective beyond that, unless we also elect a democratic congress to help enact progressive legislation.

That and the fact that Hillary knows how to handle all the mud the GOP will be throwing at her, which she has endured for 20 plus years. Bernie has not been subjected to that kind of mud throwing, and no one knows how that would pan out for him if he wins the nominee.

Hydra009

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 25, 2016, 09:23:53 AMSo a conservative being elected will ruin some aspects of our country, probably for the rest of my lifetime. And the radical changes in law will happen immediately, since the Republicans already have the house and the senate, they will have complete control of our government.
This +1000.

There last time the Republicans had control over both the legislative and executive branch was the 109th congress (2005 - 2007)

Quote from: wikiProminent events included the filibuster "nuclear option" scare, the failure of the federal government to promptly respond to Hurricane Katrina disaster relief, the Tom DeLay corruption investigation, the CIA leak scandal, the rising unpopularity of the Iraq War, the 2006 immigration reform protests and government involvement in the Terri Schiavo case.
QuoteThis Congress met for 242 days, the fewest since World War II and 12 days fewer than the 80th Congress. As the Congress neared its conclusion, some media commentators labelled this the "Do Nothing Congress,"

Quick show of hands, who wants second helpings?  Then for fucks sake, vote for a Dem this November.

Baruch

The USA has already crashed ... not even the Incredibles can save us now!  So which super dude is the D and which is the R?  Which one you choose tells us about you, not about fictional characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puqYTj424PQ
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

It seems that when it comes to presidential elections people suddenly forget just how any of the candidates get where they are. One thing is certain,  they don't get there by just being the nicest person in the room and certainly don't get there by being the most honest.  Politicians by their very nature have to be quite narcissistic. After all, who should think that they and they alone should be the best representative of a nation of over 300 million people and they have compete with hundreds if not thousands of other equally narcissistic assholes. It's not a contest of the nicest person in the room. It never was and never will be. I sometimes get the feeling that to even make it to congress you have to demonstrate to some super secret committee that you're willing and able to skin a baby alive with a smile on your face.
Now we get to decide which baby skinner we want to have their finger on the nuclear button by picking the nicest of the baby skinners..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: josephpalazzo on March 25, 2016, 11:21:45 AM
I don't hold any grudge towards Bernie, except that I see him as selling a dream. For some, that's exciting, but I prefer a practical person, and Hillary fits that bill better than Bernie.

I see Sanders as more of an idealist and Clinton as more of a pragmatist, both of which have advantages and disadvantages. As far as Clinton being truthful or trustworthy I think she is about average for a high level politician. I will be voting Democrat for a variety of reasons but mainly because I don't want my marriage dissolved.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/bernie-s/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/jeb-bush/

PS. The Incredibles is one of my favorite movies.

AllPurposeAtheist

Guess what happens when you enter snivelingcoward.com into a browser ..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Well, now that Microsoft Twitter AI ... Tay ... has had her breakdown, we know that we don't need a human for President anymore.  She was designed to interact with American teenagers ... and in less than a day she turned into Donald Trump.  Now we can have everything that Donald Trump can give us, and we don't even have to pay her salary (AIs don't get salaries, particularly not bloodthirsty Republican AIs).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/03/24/microsofts-teen-girl-ai-turns-into-a-hitler-loving-sex-robot-wit/

The high-tech future is a dystopia ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.