Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Far better than any Republican.

I plan to vote for Bernie in the primaries, but if Hillary wins the Democratic nomination, I'm voting for her. The Supreme Court is at stake, as is much more: abortion rights, church/state separation, etc.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

GreatLife

So... Any opinion different than yours qualifies the holder as either ignorant or insane and they deserve the name calling that you wrote.

Got it, but I am going to ignore it (and this whole thread) due to the simplistic nature of your assumptions on who I am.

So let me be clear. I intend to support Hillary over Bernie. My reasons are private. I am neither ignorant or insane. So by simple counter-example, you are obviously wrong. Maybe there are other reasons that you are ignorant to or you simply can't comprehend for my supporting Clinton.

You seem to love to complain about how people treat you, and this is how you treat others. Pot... Kettle comes to mind.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

TomFoolery

Quote from: GreatLife on February 19, 2016, 07:45:46 AM
So... Any opinion different than yours qualifies the holder as either ignorant or insane and they deserve the name calling that you wrote.

Got it, but I am going to ignore it (and this whole thread) due to the simplistic nature of your assumptions on who I am.

I was going to say something similar, but you beat me to it.

If you want people to invest in your argument, present present it free of name-calling and swearing, especially in the opening sentence. Doing both right out of the gate makes the you feel so angry and biased that no one is going to want to listen anyway, so it doesn't matter what comes next. If someone laid out a plan that would actually solve the world's problems but it was preceded by something that went to the effect of, "Listen up you fucking cunts, because I'm right and you're not," no one would take them seriously.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

josephpalazzo

Hillary has evolved on her positions. So what? I prefer someone who is flexible than someone who is an ideologue and can never change position on any issues. The latter is dangerous, the former will give you practical results. And politics is the art of compromise.

Mike Cl

Quote from: GreatLife on February 19, 2016, 07:45:46 AM

So let me be clear. I intend to support Hillary over Bernie. My reasons are private. I am neither ignorant or insane. So by simple counter-example, you are obviously wrong. Maybe there are other reasons that you are ignorant to or you simply can't comprehend for my supporting Clinton.

You seem to love to complain about how people treat you, and this is how you treat others. Pot... Kettle comes to mind.
This................ditto for me!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Atheon

Quote from: josephpalazzo on February 19, 2016, 09:07:10 AM
Hillary has evolved on her positions. So what? I prefer someone who is flexible than someone who is an ideologue and can never change position on any issues. The latter is dangerous, the former will give you practical results. And politics is the art of compromise.
One of the silliest charges leveled against Hillary is that she "used to oppose gay marriage, but then she changed her mind." She has long been a supporter of gay rights, but when she was running for Senate, it was a time when voicing support for gay marriage was political suicide.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

gentle_dissident

'Twould be a nightmare if it came down to Clinton VS Cruz. There doesn't seem to be a lesser evil. Ideally, I'd like to see Trump VS Sanders. Trump, a secret liberal, might craftily help Bernard win. If it were Trump VS Clinton, I'd vote Trump.

Atheon

Quote from: gentle_dissident on February 19, 2016, 10:19:49 AM
'Twould be a nightmare if it came down to Clinton VS Cruz. There doesn't seem to be a lesser evil.
Cruz would be order of magnitude worse. He's a dyed-in-the-wool theocrat, and any Supreme Court nominees he appoints would be destructive to American freedom.

stromboli

Hubby Bill signed the Defense Of Marriage Act  into law. The bill was supported by both Republicans and Democrats. It was unconstitutional then and gone now. People change. Clinton admitted later he was wrong in doing so. I honestly wish there was another candidate between Bernie and Hillary. If Al Gore had won- thank you, Supreme Court- the world would be a lot different today. We need someone like him- a professed religious person with an open mind and willing to embrace the future creatively and progressively.

Unfortunately Hillary is what we have. She will get my vote if she is nominated. Only because the thought of any Republican currently running as president chills my blood. Yes she is in league with big bankers and probably worse, but still a better choice than anyone else.

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on February 19, 2016, 09:44:06 AM
One of the silliest charges leveled against Hillary is that she "used to oppose gay marriage, but then she changed her mind." She has long been a supporter of gay rights, but when she was running for Senate, it was a time when voicing support for gay marriage was political suicide.
Was it really political suicide at the time?  She got booed by the audience for her position against gay marriage, so I'm pretty sure it had at least some support.  And in the OP video, in Hillary's own words, she wasn't against gay marriage for political reasons, so she wasn't a closeted gay rights supporter like you're suggesting.  Meanwhile, Bernie was way ahead of her when it came to both opposing anti-gay legislation and supporting gay rights, and his career survived just fine.

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on February 19, 2016, 09:07:10 AMHillary has evolved on her positions. So what? I prefer someone who is flexible than someone who is an ideologue and can never change position on any issues. The latter is dangerous, the former will give you practical results. And politics is the art of compromise.
Did you watch the video all the way through?  There was more in there than just changing one's opinion on political issues.

The one that really got me was the sniper fire one.  It's a blatantly false statement that was retracted only when the media asked others who were there who painted a very different story.  And her retelling wasn't correct, either.  It's almost like she was deliberately exaggerating the threat to portray herself as tougher than her campaign rivals rather than simply misremembering.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 19, 2016, 11:00:09 AM
Was it really political suicide at the time?  She got booed by the audience for her position against gay marriage, so I'm pretty sure it had at least some support.  And in the OP video, in Hillary's own words, she wasn't against gay marriage for political reasons, so she wasn't a closeted gay rights supporter like you're suggesting.  Meanwhile, Bernie was way ahead of her when it came to both opposing anti-gay legislation and supporting gay rights, and his career survived just fine.

However his economic platform is a total disaster. Even prominent economists from the Left think he's doesn't understand basic economics. His tax proposals on employer will simply be passed on to the employees. His tax on corporation will either be passed on to consumers, or they'll move to places like Ireland where the corporate tax is already lower that the US, leaving the country with higher deficits and higher unemployment rates. His free tuition proposal shows he doesn't understand both the economics behind - it would significantly increase the already 19 trillion debt in the books - and that it's education content that needs to be reformed, not the monetary part, and that would be k-12, not college. The guy is an idealist, a populist and an ideologue, totally not what the country needs. But now that he's surging in the poll, even the people at Fox News are smiling at this unexpected lead by Sanders. The Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot.