News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Woodworking

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 13, 2016, 05:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Flush with Hydrogen Peroxide that you don't have at home. Elevate above heart. Cover with a sterile bandage that you also don't have, go to doctor. Be injected with painkiller multiple times that is way more painful than the stitches. After fighting back tears and anticipating agonizing pain after the feeling comes back, go on with your project. Infect wound not yet healed. Lose hand to infection.

First aid kit that you should have at home
http://i.imgur.com/sPwgpLj.gif?noredirect

Along with Hydrogen Peroxide 3% solution.

Used to teach this shit.

Gawdzilla Sama

I have all that stuff at home, I cross-trained with the team's medic.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 11, 2016, 02:38:09 PM
I have all that stuff at home, I cross-trained with the team's medic.

Congrats. Taught advanced first aid when a firefighter.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: aitm on April 10, 2016, 03:09:59 PM
Ice until you can't stand it. Then epsom salts in hot water for ten fifteen minutes, back into some ice and smack your toe with a hammer. Hand won't hurt at all…for awhile.

Nice gash by the way…..at least I cut my whole finger off…I don't fuck around.
I remember some guy saying to never trust a shop teacher missing a finger.. He probably don't know what the fuck he's doing..  Are you or have you ever been a shop teacher? 

It's healing up thanks to good drugs..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

I do have a first aid kit at home although the stuff is all over the place and I have to go buy it every time I need it..  I probably ought to keep at least one filthy rag out in the shop though..

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 11, 2016, 03:51:15 PM
I do have a first aid kit at home although the stuff is all over the place and I have to go buy it every time I need it..  I probably ought to keep at least one filthy rag out in the shop though..

The reason I recommend the J&J first aid kit is because they are universally available, cheap, and you can buy more than one if need be. Hydrogen Peroxide is a universal disinfectant that is also cheap and readily available. About the needles, pain, stitches shit- I had a "power tool" accident last November. 6 stitches in the face of my left thumb, which is why I have no feeling there now.  :biggrin:

aitm

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 11, 2016, 03:46:38 PM
  Are you or have you ever been a shop teacher?   

Hell no, if I was, them little fuckers would be making hundreds of craft thingies that I would sell on-line.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: aitm on April 12, 2016, 06:11:04 PM
Hell no, if I was, them little fuckers would be making hundreds of craft thingies that I would sell on-line.
Or sell them little fuckers at the butcher shop.. At that age they're still nice and tender..

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on April 11, 2016, 06:34:59 PM
The reason I recommend the J&J first aid kit is because they are universally available, cheap, and you can buy more than one if need be. Hydrogen Peroxide is a universal disinfectant that is also cheap and readily available. About the needles, pain, stitches shit- I had a "power tool" accident last November. 6 stitches in the face of my left thumb, which is why I have no feeling there now.  :biggrin:
I'm not sure that's the first-aid kit I want in the shop.. it seems just a tad...oh..I dunno.. Prissy might be the word I'm looking for..

Although whenever I chop into my hands and am in severe pain the first thing that comes to mind are Disney characters..

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on April 12, 2016, 06:11:04 PM
Sell them to Wal-mart.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 12, 2016, 06:20:14 PM
I'm not sure that's the first-aid kit I want in the shop.. it seems just a tad...oh..I dunno.. Prissy might be the word I'm looking for..

Although whenever I chop into my hands and am in severe pain the first thing that comes to mind are Disney characters..

And here I was thinking of a kinder, gentler and more sensitive APA.........

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on April 13, 2016, 12:20:55 PM
And here I was thinking of a kinder, gentler and more sensitive APA.........
I'll become kinder, gentler and more sensitiver if it'll make you happy. But I'm still not gonna buy one of them pansy assed first aid kits that you seem to favor.. I'm getting a Warner Brothers character kit..maybe a Speed Racer one if they make em..

AllPurposeAtheist

By the way..I tried hammering away to try to cut the rest of the mortises.. I can do it if I hold the mallet kind of sideways, but it ain't the same.  It cuts ok, but wears down the muscles in my hand that I ordinarily wouldn't use and a lot slower..
I gotta quit this shit of chooping into my hands someday..It's just not working out..

Uhh..that's chopping, not chooping.. in case anyone thought I invented a new word..

AllPurposeAtheist

One tough old guy who takes his craft serious.. Mulberry is a really heavy and hard wood.. it grows wild all over the northeast. Makes me wonder why more of it isn't harvested for lumber..
https://youtu.be/3vUmbLfWZj4

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 13, 2016, 05:23:57 PM

Uhh..that's chopping, not chooping.. in case anyone thought I invented a new word..
Shit hoopens.
PZ Myers