News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Woodworking

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 13, 2016, 05:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

If we lived in the same neighborhood we would have tremendously messy garages, but oh…..the furniture we could make….I love you.

er

ahem…..what the fuck is wrong with you and your fingers asshole?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Jeeez.. You're starting to sound like my gf.. what the fuck is wrong with me indeed.... You should see my messy floor out here in the shop.. I leave the wood shavings there if for no other reason than they're cusioning for my feet and they help soak up the vomit when I read one of your posts.. lol

Messy yes, but it's very comforting to my feet and ankles. It's not a lot of fun when I inadvertently drop small parts on the floor though..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm taking a break from pounding on chisels and such for awhile. My hands (fingers too) and shoulders are starting to ache. 4 mortises left to chop.. 3.5 inches deep and 3.5 long..then the fun part of cutting the tenons.. I could set up the tenon jig and use the table saw, but I like using chisels instead. It's probably just an illusion, but I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something that way..

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on April 07, 2016, 06:52:02 PM
ahem…..what the fuck is wrong with you and your fingers asshole?
That need a comma somefuckingwhere in there.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Personally I find it just a tad insulting to mention my finger and asshole in the same sentence, but in the name of why can't we all just get along and sing kumbyaism I'm willing to overlook it just this once.. However, the next time  be prepared to wake up chained to a tree naked and me standing there with my crappy, but very sharp Stanley SB4 plane and a very evil look on my face..It will fail to be the most pleasant experience of your life unless you have a strange kink and the burning desire to be castrated 1/100th of an inch at a time..

Enough of the unpleasantries.. I got my hands on a 1941 model OH4 Stanley two tone plane. It's a bit rusty, but cuts dead on.

It's going to need a new tote (back handle) because it's beginning to rot, but it still works pretty damn good..

AllPurposeAtheist

By the way..anyone in the market for a wood plane don't waste your money on much of anything newer than 40-50 years old. Go straight to ebay or a comparable site and find you an old Stanley made before 1970. Even if it looks old and rusty it'll likely slice through wood much better and faster than anything on the market today.  You might have to do a bit of truing the sole and honing the blade, but the difference is like the difference between trying to get to the moon by stacking up greasy ball bearings and taking a rocket ship.

AllPurposeAtheist

Well..apparently my hand isn't made of wood..
I'm off to the VA and likely stitches..

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm probably not going to be chopping mortises for a few days. This hurts more now than it did when I actually jabbed the chisel into it, but on the bright side the lady doc who sewed me up was cute and flirty.. I'm kind of hoping she's the one who removes the stitches.. 5 new stitches in me.. I need to learn how to not hurt myself, but at least I got some good drugs out of the deal.. It even hurts to type so later..I'm going into a drug induced coma..

Johan

Oye. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Mike Cl

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 20, 2016, 12:08:53 PM
It's an old Wattaburger mug, about 50 years old..all glass. I like it..I try to avoid washing it. Coffee mugs shouldn't be washed unless something really nasty lands in it..
I am always surprised about the number of people who just don't know this!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

I have a hunch this new hole in my hand is going to stick around awhile.. I've been up all night and it just throbs in a not so wonderful way.. Just petting the cat hurts.. lol  I'm kind of hoping it's just sewn a bit too tight and that's it.  I've been stitched up more times than I want to remember and sometimes the stitching job is what makes it hurt more than the actual cut. The doc was sweet and all, but if I had to do it all again I'd ask someone else to do the sewing.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 10, 2016, 05:19:36 AM
I have a hunch this new hole in my hand is going to stick around awhile.. I've been up all night and it just throbs in a not so wonderful way.. Just petting the cat hurts.. lol  I'm kind of hoping it's just sewn a bit too tight and that's it.  I've been stitched up more times than I want to remember and sometimes the stitching job is what makes it hurt more than the actual cut. The doc was sweet and all, but if I had to do it all again I'd ask someone else to do the sewing.
Keep your hand above your heart, a homebrew sling will do. That'll handle most of the throbbing. And use ice, as needed.

You're truly,
Ben There.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Ice until you can't stand it. Then epsom salts in hot water for ten fifteen minutes, back into some ice and smack your toe with a hammer. Hand won't hurt at all…for awhile.

Nice gash by the way…..at least I cut my whole finger off…I don't fuck around.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Johan

Bourbon until you can't stand. Then more bourbon.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on April 10, 2016, 03:09:59 PM

Nice gash by the way…..at least I cut my whole finger off…I don't fuck around.
Meh, no bone showing. Can't give full points.
PZ Myers