Antonin Scalia dead! WOO FUCKING HOO!

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 13, 2016, 05:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Normally I don't celebrate deaths like this, but this time I'm glad we get rid of the bastard, one of the worse SCOTUS judges in our lifetimes..

Supreme court justice Antonin Scalia dies at 79 â€" reports

http://gu.com/p/4gkq7?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE FUCKER AND I MEAN THAT IN THE UNKINDEST WAY POSSIBLE.

Baruch

There are few SCOTUS judges whose legal opinions I would admire.  Too bad the fictional professor on Paper Chase isn't available.  Speculation is fun ... they are already fielding Hillary, Bernie and Barak as replacements.  The R-party will suggest Nathan Bedford Forest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

About fucking time he died. Now let's just hope we don't get a Progressive Regressive politician replacing him. Last thing we need is a social justice warrior on SCOTUS.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on February 13, 2016, 07:56:59 PM
About fucking time he died. Now let's just hope we don't get a Progressive Regressive politician replacing him. Last thing we need is a social justice warrior on SCOTUS.

id prefer it to those damn conservative fuckers

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on February 13, 2016, 08:18:18 PM
Mitch McConnell is a scum turtle.

Back in the day, pet stores sold little turtles ... but they carried a virus that could be transferred to humans.  Now you know ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

You should only speak good of the dead.

GOOD!!!!!!!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Atheon on February 13, 2016, 10:04:42 PM
You should only speak good of the dead.

GOOD!!!!!!!
It's good that he's dead.

I won't attend the funeral, but I approve of it.

At least he's not in hell.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Atheon

In cases like these, I sometimes wish there was a hell, so these awful people will get the surprise of their lives (deaths) when they realize they were working against gawd. "But but but I have always been your faithful servant!" "You disobeyed Me and chose the path of evil, you puny sinner. To hell you go!"
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SGOS

I haven't spent a lot of time googling this, but I would have thought in a few hits, at least one article would give the cause of his death.  I don't know why I wondered about the cause.  It's usually given in such cases.  It started out as a mild curiosity, and ended with the realization that nobody really cares.  Seems like that might make an appropriate epitaph, though.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on February 14, 2016, 09:24:17 AM
I haven't spent a lot of time googling this, but I would have thought in a few hits, at least one article would give the cause of his death.  I don't know why I wondered about the cause.  It's usually given in such cases.  It started out as a mild curiosity, and ended with the realization that nobody really cares.  Seems like that might make an appropriate epitaph, though.

Hah ... speculation already exists that a Clinton hit team did him in.  Obama saves the dirty work for Team Clinton.

History says that FDR died of natural causes, but I have my doubts.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Now, if we just get a liberal president all will be well.  The scumbags in Congress have already shown that they can delay an appointment for months, but I doubt they could delay it 5 to 9 years or (hopefully) more.
This sentence is a lie...

GreatLife

I say we start a petition drive to get a secular humanist installed on the supreme court.  I posted a screed on FB about this - pissed off both my left and right wing friends.

Leave the court split between the left and right wings... and let someone sane make the final decision irrespective or religious or political leanings.

I can dream...

And I was taught not to make fun of the dead... at least until they are buried.  So I won't post my opinion. There will be plenty of arguments and talking points over the next several months to express an opinion. No need to trash someone hours / days after they die... IMO.  Let the family grieve in peace...

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: GreatLife on February 17, 2016, 02:20:48 PM
I say we start a petition drive to get a secular humanist installed on the supreme court.  I posted a screed on FB about this - pissed off both my left and right wing friends.

Leave the court split between the left and right wings... and let someone sane make the final decision irrespective or religious or political leanings.

I can dream...

And I was taught not to make fun of the dead... at least until they are buried.  So I won't post my opinion. There will be plenty of arguments and talking points over the next several months to express an opinion. No need to trash someone hours / days after they die... IMO.  Let the family grieve in peace...
Do you actually think that politicians actually really believe in sky daddy anywhere near as much as they proclaim?  If they actually did they would all be walking to the hallowed halls of congress and sleeping on the lawn in makeshift leanto shelters..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.