The Happenstance Of Existence

Started by stromboli, February 11, 2016, 10:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: gentle_dissident on February 11, 2016, 12:12:37 PM
If things had gone differently, I might have been a crystalline life form with fleeting bits of consciousness.!

I am not all the sure that we don't have several of those wandering through here now.....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 12, 2016, 09:40:18 AM
Yeah, what you just said.  I saw a video the other day (don't remember the names of the two idiots presenting it--two guys, one older and the other a child star turned christian); one was holding a banana and was telling the other why it was proof of god.  The banana was the perfect size, and was the perfect food and was perfectly packaged as only god could do it.  So, there--that proves it; all is perfect and of god who is perfect.........................made me want to throw up and not even look at bananas again.

Yeah, the Banana guy.  Bananas are OK.  I'm not particularly partial to them.  Bananas are  hardly the best defense of creationism.  He could have thought of something better, albeit stupidly better.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 12, 2016, 09:40:18 AM
Yeah, what you just said.  I saw a video the other day (don't remember the names of the two idiots presenting it--two guys, one older and the other a child star turned christian); one was holding a banana and was telling the other why it was proof of god.  The banana was the perfect size, and was the perfect food and was perfectly packaged as only god could do it.  So, there--that proves it; all is perfect and of god who is perfect.........................made me want to throw up and not even look at bananas again.

Ha, beat you to it in post #9...

stromboli

And here we have it, ladies and gentlemen. The current end result of millions of years of evolutionary selection

gentle_dissident

Quote from: stromboli on February 12, 2016, 11:58:11 AM
And here we have it, ladies and gentlemen. The current end result of millions of years of evolutionary selection

He had help.

stromboli

Lol. The human of the future......

SGOS

Limbaugh has the finer cigar, but Bunker is less pretentious.

stromboli

I think of Limbaugh as that face you always wanted to jump up and down on. With cleats.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on February 12, 2016, 09:32:38 AM
And after all that selecting out and beating the odds over millennia I wound up fat with a skinny ass. Go figure.

If you were really lucky, you would have been a cat ;-) ... they have round bellies and a skinny ass too.  And humans would serve you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on February 12, 2016, 10:08:30 AM
I am not all the sure that we don't have several of those wandering through here now.....

Yes, some posters are rather brittle crystalline life forms ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.