News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Best stunt I've ever seen!

Started by Unbeliever, February 10, 2016, 04:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Johan on February 11, 2016, 08:39:45 PM
I believe terminal velocity for skydivers is about 122 mph which is about 54 meters per second.

Out of curiosity why would one change from "US units' or whatever the fuck its called to metric in the same sentence? You trying to fuck wit us? Stop that……now…how many FEET  per…oh never mind..I got it already.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Johan

That's just the way its written on wikipedia when you google skydiver terminal velocity.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Johan on February 11, 2016, 08:39:45 PM

Also that bit about putting some sort of tracker on the jumpers belt buckle which would then somehow 'steer' the jumper through the hole in the roof is, well, complete bullshit. You maneuver in free fall by placement of your arms and legs. Bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit.
That's where I started laughing.

Best stunt you've never seen.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

It would have been much more interesting where they did one and the dude misses. Messy but interesting.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on February 12, 2016, 09:03:17 AM
It would have been much more interesting where they did one and the dude misses. Messy but interesting.
Watch some Russian dash cam videos.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Is it me but when they talk about free fall velocity they always use the word "terminal".

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on February 12, 2016, 05:36:34 PM
Is it me but when they talk about free fall velocity they always use the word "terminal".
The highest velocity you can achieve, the terminus of your acceleration due to gravity.
PZ Myers

SGOS

Terminal Velocity would be a good title for a movie or a book, regardless of what it really means.  Say, "Terminal Velocity,"  in a low booming voice, and see if you don't automatically get goose bumps, or a premonition of excitement.

Mermaid

Quote from: SGOS on February 13, 2016, 10:03:30 AM
Terminal Velocity would be a good title for a movie or a book, regardless of what it really means.  Say, "Terminal Velocity,"  in a low booming voice, and see if you don't automatically get goose bumps, or a premonition of excitement.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111400/
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR