News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Best stunt I've ever seen!

Started by Unbeliever, February 10, 2016, 04:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

This is so amazing I can't believe it was really done. Could this have been faked?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbIivGvflkk
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Who says life has no meaning?  There's one guy that found some meaning.

But things I wonder about.  Sure he landed on a trampoline, but he's falling at the rate of 32ft/s2.  Just jumping normally on a trampoline can cause injuries.  Even hitting water from 100 feet can kill you.  The speed he came through that hole didn't look like a trampoline would help much.

Also, did you ever try geocaching?  You can wander around aimlessly for quite a while the little arrow of your GPS points one way and then another, while your location readout wanders on it's own while you are at rest, often with an error of up to 100 ft.   I would have wanted a bigger hole in the roof, but that's just me.

I would suggest this guy take up skiing instead.  Just something for him to consider.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

SGOS

Unbeliever

God Not Found

aitm

I ain't buying it. That is something that needs to be seen with my own eye. I don't see such a moderate return in any trampoline when you hit it in excess of 225 mph.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

No chance. Too many parameters to meet and too many variables to account for. Any tiny variation of which would move the body out even a few inches would kill him. Don't buy it.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm not impressed..Now if he had landed in a glass of water like in the old cartoons then I'd be impressed..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

When they invoke techomagic early on you know there's a faux coming up.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hakurei Reimu

This is bullshit. I knew it as soon as soon as I saw the slow-mo of him bouncing against the trampoline. He made it sag maybe half his height. That's OOM the depth of the crumple zone of a car, which is designed to lengthen the time of deceleration so you don't pancake yourself â€" and that's at ordinary speeds 30-90 mph. Imagine how stiff the trampoline would have to be to decelerate you that fast at 225 mph.

At that point, what you want is a lot of give in what your landing on. Real no-parachute jumps use a big airbag with a lot of give, because that's the real the secret to surviving falls like this. A trampoline is too damn stiff to make a no-parachute landing survivable. You're going to have broken bones at the very least.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Johan

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on February 11, 2016, 07:39:47 PM
Imagine how stiff the trampoline would have to be to decelerate you that fast at 225 mph.
I believe terminal velocity for skydivers is about 122 mph which is about 54 meters per second. A survivable deceleration from that speed would almost certainly require more than a second. And would therefore require much more distance than any trampoline could likely stretch. And once that trampoline stretches, its going to rebound which would shoot that jumper back up into the roof he just fell through.

Also that bit about putting some sort of tracker on the jumpers belt buckle which would then somehow 'steer' the jumper through the hole in the roof is, well, complete bullshit. You maneuver in free fall by placement of your arms and legs. Bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Johan