News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello I need some BS detectives

Started by qwerty1, March 21, 2013, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

I like cutting to the chase and skipping elaborate bullshit. Science and religion ARE NOT compatible. Never have been and never will be. Scientists CAN be religious, but the ethical ones who are KEEP THEIR RELIGION OUT OF THE LAB. Any "scientist" who tries to prop up an invisible friend should NOT be taken seriously.

I would highly recommend two books by Victor Stenger. "God The Failed Hypothesis" and more importantly "The New Atheism". These books address WHY interjecting god into science is not only excess baggage, but complete and utter bias. Victor does say science does have something to say about god claims, but only in the fact that when applied it negates such claims, thus cannot nor should be taken seriously.

As far as the psychology of why god claims persist in our species "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins, and "Why People Believe Weird Things" by Micheal Shermer.

The reason to reject all forms of god claims is simple. There is no evidence of thoughts existing outside biological evolution. Thoughts require a material process just like a car requires and engine and wheels to speed. Speed is not a thing itself, it is the manifestation of the car in motion. We (are our brains in motion).
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

NitzWalsh

Another good book, older, harder to read, but available for free now...

"Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" by Charles MacKay. Although it doesn't specifically deal with Christianity, it does cover a bit of why people believe things we know are dumb.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .