Sanders and Clinton in a virtual deadlock in the Iowa caucusses.

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 02, 2016, 04:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Last check they were virtually tied with Clinton leading by a single point. O'Malley suspended his campaign after showing just barely 1% if that so now it's between HRC and Bernie. While I hope Sanders wins and becomes the nominee if HRC wins I'll still throw my support to her because I feel it's important to keep the republicans OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE  at all cost.
I hope that those supporting one candidate or the other don't go all sour grapes and decide to not vote or not be involved any longer. There seems to be a lot of hatred in both camps for the other side.  I really hope both candidates are able to convince their supporters that keeping the WH is far more important than the grudge match I've been reading about over the past few months. It seems that a lot of Bernie's supporters are so dead set against HRC that if she is the nominee a lot of Sanders supporyers will simply drop out.  I sincerely hope that it doesn't come down to that and the same holds true for HRC supporters..

By the way,  tRump came in 2nd place in Iowa behind Cruz. I listened to about 2 minutes of his 'acceptance' speech and of course it's a gift handed down straight from GAWD that he would get 28% of Iowa rubes.. tRump got a pultry 24%.. I expect tRump will call 76% of Iowa rubes LOSERS! which of course they are just for being rubes..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Iowa caucuses are usually the kiss of death.  Who wins there normally doesn't get the nomination, because Iowa is unrepresentative of the rest of the country, partly because it isn't a primary.  So Bernie and Hillary are tied (though Hillary decided to propaganda that as a victory).  So neither got the Iowa kiss of death.  Cruz was followed by Trump followed by Rubio.  The others might as well drop out ... you hear me JEB!  So Cruz will not get the nomination, it is between Trump and Rubio.  New Hampshire will help clarify things, but it is S Carolina that is the clincher.  Trump is ahead in S Carolina for now.  Isn't it exceptional ... that in the US, only three small states are enough to decide who leads?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Iowa is kind of like predicting someone's overall health at 90 by sticking a rectal thermometer in them at 6 months old.  Fever of 98.7? For sure they're going to die at 27..forget 90..

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2016, 07:04:09 AM
Iowa caucuses are usually the kiss of death.  Who wins there normally doesn't get the nomination, because Iowa is unrepresentative of the rest of the country, partly because it isn't a primary.  So Bernie and Hillary are tied (though Hillary decided to propaganda that as a victory).  So neither got the Iowa kiss of death.  Cruz was followed by Trump followed by Rubio.  The others might as well drop out ... you hear me JEB!  So Cruz will not get the nomination, it is between Trump and Rubio.  New Hampshire will help clarify things, but it is S Carolina that is the clincher.  Trump is ahead in S Carolina for now.  Isn't it exceptional ... that in the US, only three small states are enough to decide who leads?
I fucking love you, man!  I really started thinking about it and, while a Trump presidency worries me, a Cruz presidency absolutely terrifies me.  You made me feel better.  Thanks.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

I can't see Cruz getting traction in New Hampshire or South Carolina.  In the first, he isn't secular, isn't a Yankee.  Didn't Cruz spend a lot of time in a nut-case colony in Texas?  He is Canadian, isn't a Southerner (Texans don't count ... its a whole other country) and he isn't Southern Baptist.  Rubio is probably the Elite choice ... as is Hillary.  Trump and Sanders are the outsiders, with Trump being very outside, and tied to Hillary's apron strings.  As an Elite candidate, Rubio is much more interesting than JEB.  Only Trump would be unpredictable ... with the other three you pretty much know what you are getting.  Sanders being a secular New England Jewish person ... isn't attractive to most of the country, though I think his policies are much more progressive.

Up until S Carolina, you either get momentum or not ... the next shoe to drop is if the money dries up for some candidates after S Carolina.  Sanders is better positioned to continue the fight, as is Trump.  If Cruz or Rubio don't make a good showing in S Carolina, their money flow might dry up.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

I can't wait for production on Bush 3: Smart as a Bush to be dropped.  When that happens I'll breath a sigh of relief no matter who's in front.

AllPurposeAtheist

Bush had to go and prove to the world just what a dipshit he is by bravely touting his Terry Shrivo credentials and reminding us all just how sacred life is.. See? Doesn't that make everyone much more confident about Jeb! becoming the next president of the self imploding society of America? 

widdershins

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 02, 2016, 01:38:24 PM
Bush had to go and prove to the world just what a dipshit he is by bravely touting his Terry Shrivo credentials and reminding us all just how sacred life is.. See? Doesn't that make everyone much more confident about Jeb! becoming the next president of the self imploding society of America? 
Well, I think our fist indication that he isn't really presidential material is that, first, he's a Bush and, second, he's the one who chooses to be called by a first name reminiscent of a redneck hillbilly whose biggest mathematical accomplishment was the day he figured out that when someone says, "They're a lovely couple" that person is talking about exactly two people.

stromboli

If it comes down to an arm wrestle, my money is on Hillary.

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on February 02, 2016, 01:46:41 PM
Well, I think our fist indication that he isn't really presidential material is that, first, he's a Bush and, second, he's the one who chooses to be called by a first name reminiscent of a redneck hillbilly whose biggest mathematical accomplishment was the day he figured out that when someone says, "They're a lovely couple" that person is talking about exactly two people.

JEB isn't a first name like Jeb ... it is an acronym.  John Ellis Bush,  the B in JEB stands for Bush.  He wants people to unconsciously associate him with General Lee's great cavalry general, JEB Stuart, whose first name was also an acronym, James Ewell Brown Stuart ... but at least with General Stuart, his nick name wasn't recursive ;-)  So I don't think he had a hillbilly in mind.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

All American politicians are reptilian aliens ;-)  How are things in GB, where all your politicians are like Mr Toad of Toad Hall?  Got weasels?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_in_the_Willows
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Wow, based on those vids, America's doomed - doomed I say!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 03, 2016, 06:17:48 PM
Wow, based on those vids, America's doomed - doomed I say!

Not exactly Federal Papers material, are they ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

A man making fun of people's general ignorance?! Say it isn't so!