Your Favourite What If Questions!

Started by Fluffhead, March 21, 2013, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "aitm"[quote="WitchSabrina]What IF there is a god?

could be....I imagine one wandering about the universe and perhaps peering at the earth and saying, "allo" (of course it has a British accent)..."allo, whaz iss? buggies on me marble? gef da fuck off ya lil buggers" *shakes the earth violently* "gee off me marble" *flicks earth into jupiter*[/quote][/quote]

Got the visual.   LMAO  Epic :rollin:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Jason78

What if the universe really does revolve around me?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Jutter

What if I won the lottery Jackpot.

It's the kind of wishful thinking most of us will likely have foolishly engaged in at one point or another.
If you are to play in a lottery, the only sensible reason would be because you grant the other players a stroke of fuck-me blind stupid luck. Chances are it won't be you, but the lottery needs participants in order for the stroke of luck to exsist.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Fluffhead

[size=150]
?But I Sure Have Some Powerful Pills?
[/size][/color]

stromboli

What if wishes used to come true, but then somebody wished they didn't?

GurrenLagann

Quote from: "Fluffhead"[ Image ]

xD Unfortunately, Satan apparently is to go to Hell as well (he's not in charge there), as per Revelations.
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Sal1981

What if we can make a magnet (or just a magnetic pulse) so strong that it'll be able to pull apart space?

aitm

Quote from: "Sal1981"What if we can make a magnet (or just a magnetic pulse) so strong that it'll be able to pull apart space?

granted I am not smart enough to understand the complexities of higher science, but as someone who "thinks" he can somewhat grasp the vastness of the universe, even if our solar system was an atom bomb and we could explode it, would the universe even "feel" it? Our solar system is but a grain of sand to it. How can humans possibly do anything that could effect the universe in anyway? I mean really? Star Trek and Star Wars aside, us breaking the continuom(sp) would be somewhat like an amoeba blowing up a ant. Do we somewhat think we have some power because we think we do?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Atheon

Quote from: "stromboli"What if wishes used to come true, but then somebody wished they didn't?
What if you were granted three wishes, but your third wish was to have 100 more wishes?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

LoneQuietus

What if my car never runs out of gas and I don't know it?

What if everyone else sees in shades of a single color?

What if everyone but me is just a bit player in my life?

What if extraterrestrial life came to Earth, but considered us aesthetically repulsive?

What if there are no civilizations in the universe more advanced than us? What if we're the current pinnacle of intellect in the universe?

What if we are practically gods compared to other life in the universe?
What if we take for granted something we're capable of that would practically be a super-power to other species?

What if our entire universe is a microcosm?

What if other life in the universe is so different from us that we wouldn't recognize one another as sentient?
Memento Mori

Shiranu

Quote from: "Fluffhead"Post your favourite most mind blowing what if questions,here is mine.
[ Image ]

:-D

You know you smoke too much when this sounds legit...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: "LoneQuietus"What if we take for granted something we're capable of that would practically be a super-power to other species?
Probably at generating what-if scenarios.  And storytelling.  And humor.

QuoteWhat if other life in the universe is so different from us that we wouldn't recognize one another as sentient?
That's actually pretty likely.  Especially if they're subterranean or aquatic.

Sal1981

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "Sal1981"What if we can make a magnet (or just a magnetic pulse) so strong that it'll be able to pull apart space?

granted I am not smart enough to understand the complexities of higher science, but as someone who "thinks" he can somewhat grasp the vastness of the universe, even if our solar system was an atom bomb and we could explode it, would the universe even "feel" it? Our solar system is but a grain of sand to it. How can humans possibly do anything that could effect the universe in anyway? I mean really? Star Trek and Star Wars aside, us breaking the continuom(sp) would be somewhat like an amoeba blowing up a ant. Do we somewhat think we have some power because we think we do?
Uhm, space isn't, strictly speaking continuous. It's, as far as we can tell, 'digital'. When we reach Planck length in space, quantum weirdness is prevalent, but most of all, movements in space, any movement, even quarks or superstrings or what have you, become discrete warps.

IOW: movement becomes in bits where 1 Planck length of movement for anything and everything cannot be any smaller, because the discrete energy levels required for a hypothetical 0.5 Planck length in movement (or any decimal of Planck movement) would result in the smallest event horizon possible where information would be lost because of Planck energy at those levels. This is of course theoretical, there might be some force there at the 10^-35 scale, which is besides the point since we currently can't probe at such tiny scales.

I think the universe is digital, and not analog, because of how energy behaves at the Planck scale.

---

Another what-if: What if the energy levels of humanity would exceed what could be produced & used for a local cluster in the distant future?

AllPurposeAtheist

What IF all those signals we send out into space attract a race of flaming gay giants who seek a planet to freely rape, pillage and plunder? :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

EntirelyOfThisWorld

What if Lincoln let the South go?

There's a thread in itself.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.