News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"Why I'm voting for Trump"

Started by GSOgymrat, January 27, 2016, 06:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Trump just announced that he will eliminate Obamacare, but replace it with the Medicare For All, the single payer plan that it should have been.  And fund it with increased/enforced corporate taxes.  The sound you hear is the heads of the the R and D folk exploding.  The I people are rejoicing.  Trump isn't a reptilian overlord, but he is a Scanner.

The next President should be a corporation, now that the SCOTUS has decided that they are persons.  Any company, initially incorporated in the US over 36 years ago .. should be eligible.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on January 28, 2016, 12:57:20 PM
Trump just announced that he will eliminate Obamacare, but replace it with the Medicare For All, the single payer plan that it should have been.  And fund it with increased/enforced corporate taxes.  The sound you hear is the heads of the the R and D folk exploding.  The I people are rejoicing.  Trump isn't a reptilian overlord, but he is a Scanner.

The next President should be a corporation, now that the SCOTUS has decided that they are persons.  Any company, initially incorporated in the US over 36 years ago .. should be eligible.

Corporations should pay their share to be sure.  And they would no longer be expected to provide insurance from private companies, so it's not like they are going to see a loss in the balance column.

I remember reading some commentary that complained that single payer would raise everyone's taxes by $2000.  So what's the problem?  If you are paying $7000 right now, that would be a personal gain of $5000.  And of course, that's an average.  The poor aren't going to shell out $2000.  Taxes will still be prorated as they are now.  I don't think a lot of people see single payer as a gain, because they don't think about insurance costs if it's a condition of employment.  Instead of your employer having to buy your insurance at $7000, they can get it at$2000, and increase your wages by $5000.  Although, I doubt employers will want to increase wages.  Such and idea is simply Un-American.

widdershins

Quote from: SGOS on January 28, 2016, 01:07:57 PM
Corporations should pay their share to be sure.  And they would no longer be expected to provide insurance from private companies, so it's not like they are going to see a loss in the balance column.
The truly stupid thing about that is that we have some of the highest corporate taxes in the world (as Republicans LOVE to point out), but so many loopholes that for the richest companies 100% of those taxes or very near are completely nullified.  And contrary to what they say, Republicans don't want to do anything about that.  They like having the high tax rate on paper to bitch about without corporations actually having to pay it.
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PickelledEggs

I'm becoming very afraid at the possibility of Trump being elected.

Yes I know the majority of people support Sanders, or at least oppose even the thought of Trump or the other republicans being elected, but I feel like they ostrich themselves, putting their head in the sand and reject the reality that there are a huge amount of people that support trump. They unfriend and block trump supporters and then they forget how big of an issue he really is, thinking "There is no WAY Trump can be elected", when reality is, it is very possible... especially if the people voting democrat are so relaxed that they step aside on voting day and on't make it a priority to vote for whoever is not Trump.

I keep everyone on my facebook newsfeed that supports Trump. It scares me. And being scared from something like this is a healthy slap in the face that reality always proves there are people are always more irrational than you think.

Unbeliever

The person who will get elected is exactly the person whom the billionaires want elected. Who knows what's in the hearts of billionaires? Only the Shadow Government knows...

We haven't had a democracy (if we ever truly did) since December 23, 2000, when the SCOTUS decided who would be president.

Trump comes off as a lounge act in Vegas, or perhaps Atlantic City.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

If Trump really comes out seriously for Single Payer ... the R and D candidates can go home.  Until after the Deep State assassinates President Trump, to get VP Palin into office ;-)  "The People don't elect US presidents, God does." - Palin quote from 2008
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 28, 2016, 03:24:39 PM
I'm becoming very afraid at the possibility of Trump being elected.

Yes I know the majority of people support Sanders, or at least oppose even the thought of Trump or the other republicans being elected, but I feel like they ostrich themselves, putting their head in the sand and reject the reality that there are a huge amount of people that support trump. They unfriend and block trump supporters and then they forget how big of an issue he really is, thinking "There is no WAY Trump can be elected", when reality is, it is very possible... especially if the people voting democrat are so relaxed that they step aside on voting day and on't make it a priority to vote for whoever is not Trump.

I keep everyone on my facebook newsfeed that supports Trump. It scares me. And being scared from something like this is a healthy slap in the face that reality always proves there are people are always more irrational than you think.
I'm starting to think (or hope, at least) that it might not be too terrible.  He really is a lot less right on most things than the other candidates.  I'm actually hoping he'll get the nomination over Cruz.  Don't get me wrong, I'm then hoping he'll lose, but I'm hoping he'll get the nomination.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: widdershins on January 29, 2016, 06:07:11 PM
I'm starting to think (or hope, at least) that it might not be too terrible.  He really is a lot less right on most things than the other candidates.  I'm actually hoping he'll get the nomination over Cruz.  Don't get me wrong, I'm then hoping he'll lose, but I'm hoping he'll get the nomination.
I sure hope he loses too. I think this election more than any other, I've felt "Oh. Please no. Just.... no" towards an entire political party to the degree this severely.

I'd take Hillary or Bernie ideally. Mostly rooting for Bernie, but if it turns out by some chance that Hillary is head to head with the republicans, I won't feel too bad about it. Still 1000000000x better than any of those repubicans.

Sylar

Can't vote for a president whose resting facial expression is "who farted?"

(Stolen from Seth MacFarlane)
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 27, 2016, 06:04:12 PM
Here is a CNN article on who is voting for Trump. Basically he is the candidate of scared, racist, white people.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/27/politics/donald-trump-voters-2016-election/index.html

I can't see why my ex music teacher who is intelligent and wise vote for him

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 29, 2016, 06:24:57 PM
I sure hope he loses too. I think this election more than any other, I've felt "Oh. Please no. Just.... no" towards an entire political party to the degree this severely.

I'd take Hillary or Bernie ideally. Mostly rooting for Bernie, but if it turns out by some chance that Hillary is head to head with the republicans, I won't feel too bad about it. Still 1000000000x better than any of those repubicans.

Elections are mostly "dog & pony" shows ... to bad we only get dogs and no ponies ;-(

Either no good people run of office, because the system is fatally corrupt or
There are no good people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 29, 2016, 06:24:57 PM

As far as I can see either the Republicans are far more terrified of running against Hillary or they just can't find any shit on Bernie.  Of course, that's not saying their terror of running against here is necessarily about their odds of beating her.  It may just be that they don't want another Clinton, Bill being very popular in his time and generally considered to have been a pretty good president overall, especially when you mention the balanced budget (which they still hotly contest).  Of course, he had to work with Republicans to do that and because of that he also did some total shit things, like DoMA.  But still, I think most non-Republicans remember him fondle-y (:s_laugh:), so it's possible they just don't want another Clinton.  Hillary, admittedly, is no Bill, but I think the thought of him back in the White House scares them.

Quote from: Baruch on January 30, 2016, 04:06:08 AM
Elections are mostly "dog & pony" shows ... to bad we only get dogs and no ponies ;-(

Either no good people run of office, because the system is fatally corrupt or
There are no good people.
It has been my observation that they type of person who WANTS a job in politics is not exactly the type of person one wants running things, generally speaking.  They're not all lawyers because that's the best profession to be in if you want to pass laws.  They're all lawyers because the type of person who generally wants to be a lawyer is also the type of person who generally wants to rule.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it looks to me.  And, of course, not that all lawyers are bad, but there are lawyer stereotypes for a reason.