News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"Why I'm voting for Trump"

Started by GSOgymrat, January 27, 2016, 06:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Here is a CNN article on who is voting for Trump. Basically he is the candidate of scared, racist, white people.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/27/politics/donald-trump-voters-2016-election/index.html

stromboli

Same is probably true for Cruz. Lets hope they are outnumbered by people who aren't scared.

Nonsensei

Not for nothing but I think CNN is probably not the place to go for an unbiased view of Trump.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Nonsensei on January 27, 2016, 06:24:05 PM
Not for nothing but I think CNN is probably not the place to go for an unbiased view of Trump.

I will see if Fox News has an analysis on who is voting for Trump.

AllPurposeAtheist

Trust CNN to write a fluff piece for anyone they can turn profit on and conversly a hit piece on anyone they can't.  CNN IS THE new definition of yellow journalism.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

It seems to me that a common dynamic when a country falls on hard times for people to get fearful and start grasping at straws.  Sometimes a wild message gives people hope.  There are probably a number of Republican voters that have noticed that the GOP isn't doing anything to help the situation, and with Obama as president, they seem to act as if they have personally more to gain if the country fails.  That strategy was articulated by Rush Limbaugh 8 years ago, and the GOP has taken it to heart.  Whether the country is in all that bad of shape is a matter of perspective.  Granted, it doesn't appear that people are as wealthy or secure as they once were, at least that is the image we get from the media and some Republicans have turned that miasma of despair into a feeding frenzy.

But most people don't really want their country to fail.  People start getting weird when they feel they are losing ground and see a bleaker future.  Scapegoats are sought out, and people start making questionable decisions.  Fear is not a great motivator of reason, I don't think.  I think I understand Trump's appeal, but I can't stop thinking of him as doofus blowhard from a reality TV show.  However, it does seem to me that there are good reasons for people to start rejecting political leaders that live by rules of political deadlock that don't serve the country well.  It's becoming more and more apparent that political deadlock serves politicians better than the voters.  But it's not helpful for the country.

TomFoolery

I like how their signs say, "The silent majority stands with Trump."

Let's face it, they're not that silent and half of them probably aren't even registered to vote, and half of those probably can't read above a 3rd grade level. Silent majority...
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

SoldierofFortune

give your vote whomever you want but know that nothing will change in common men's life...

GSOgymrat

I couldn't find a similar article from Fox News but I did come across this article from The Atlantic which I found very interesting:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/08/donald-trump-voters/401408/

It is worth scrolling down to read the full answers.

josephpalazzo

Number 8:

QuoteTrump Knows It’s All a Jokeâ€"â€"“Many are right; it’s not about trusting Trump; it's a collective middle finger to the establishment… Trump isn't stupid, he gets it. He knows the more outrageous, the better.”

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 28, 2016, 10:12:41 AM
Number 8:

That maybe right.  I noticed in almost all of the comments that it was never about Trump being a good president.  Those that were, often gave absurd reasons for why.

The Trump phenomena is truly strange, although if I'm reading the comments right, it's about doing away with politics as usual, a broken system that needs to change.  I just don't think Trump is the right choice for a lasting political makeover.  As an independent, which he kind of is, he will have to battle not just republicans, but democrats as well.  My brother-in-law was a part of a local group of independent voters who managed to put an actual independent in the office of mayor, a previously corrupt administration.  The result was ineffective gridlock, where both parties teamed up to destroy the independent.

TomFoolery

Quote from: SGOS on January 28, 2016, 11:43:40 AM
The Trump phenomena is truly strange, although if I'm reading the comments right, it's about doing away with politics as usual, a broken system that needs to change. 

If a political upheaval and fresh approach to politics is all people want, I humbly propose that octopus that was good at picking World Cup winners as a more viable solution to revolutionary politics than Donald Trump. I would definitely submit myself to be governed by cephalopod before I'd put Donny T in charge.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

SGOS

Quote from: TomFoolery on January 28, 2016, 12:30:00 PM
If a political upheaval and fresh approach to politics is all people want, I humbly propose that octopus that was good at picking World Cup winners as a more viable solution to revolutionary politics than Donald Trump. I would definitely submit myself to be governed by cephalopod before I'd put Donny T in charge.

Trump just happened to throw his hat in the ring at the right time, I think.  Voter despair has hit such a low that voters are grasping at straws.  There is no law that I know of that says an octopus can't be president, as long as it was born in the US.  But people assume the president has to be a person, so Trump is the next best thing.

I kind of understand despair.  Well, as far as things going in the wrong direction, but it it's hardly like rock bottom yet.  It's more like if it keeps going in this direction, could it reach a level that warrants despair?  That's what makes it scary, and why imaginations are starting to run wild.

SGOS