CO2 Captured From Air Converted Directly To Methanol Fuel

Started by stromboli, January 27, 2016, 03:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: kilodelta on January 28, 2016, 12:53:42 PM
I shall name it Aircohol. 200 Proof.
And God looked upon it, and it was good. Especially with grape juice.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: stromboli on January 27, 2016, 06:24:47 PM
I Mentioned previously electrolysis as a means to create Hydrogen (the process also creates Oxygen by splitting the molecule) but it is a more expensive process at least at this point.
It would be expensive anyway, because the C=O double bond is very high energy (when it forms, you get a lot of pow), which is why hydrocarbons are such a good fuel in the first place. Unless they plan for this catalyst to be exposed to the sun, I don't see how it would get that energy any other way.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2016, 07:49:30 PM
It is not possible to escape the conversation of energy,

Sure it is - just drill noisily enough not to hear the conversation.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 28, 2016, 03:18:04 PM
It would be expensive anyway, because the C=O double bond is very high energy (when it forms, you get a lot of pow), which is why hydrocarbons are such a good fuel in the first place. Unless they plan for this catalyst to be exposed to the sun, I don't see how it would get that energy any other way.

Thanks to wild money printing, we can afford anything, no matter how expensive ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.