what do you guys understand from the phrase ''political actor''?

Started by SoldierofFortune, January 27, 2016, 02:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

yes...what?

i searched the forum but it's odd that nobody had used the words political and actor together...

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: pr126 on January 27, 2016, 05:07:22 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actor-politicians#USA

no...not actor politicians...i'm talking about political actors...but if you ask them...they would be in denial for sure; this is the inherent nature of being political actor: )

Baruch

A political actor is anyone who take political action.  Like a voter, voting.  A legislator legislating.  These are all variants of a shitter shitting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2016, 06:37:02 AM
A political actor is anyone who take political action.  Like a voter, voting.  A legislator legislating.  These are all variants of a shitter shitting.

the meaning of the word ''actor'' is obvious...an actor is given a scenario to play their role...so, the meaning of the political actor must be understood in this way...political actors are dictated by ''unknown'' power and are therefore free to some extent...

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on January 27, 2016, 07:07:55 AM
the meaning of the word ''actor'' is obvious...an actor is given a scenario to play their role...so, the meaning of the political actor must be understood in this way...political actors are dictated by ''unknown'' power and are therefore free to some extent...

Not the way I took it.  Every human is an actor as in ... Hollywood.  But I took "actor" as in "taking action" vs "passive".  An inactive voter is not a political actor.  Normal grammar, would put "political actor" in the same bucket as Ronald Reagan ... because "political" precedes "actor".

Your specific meaning, is also accurate.  Of course politicians have free will, and of course they are beholden to their funds providers.  This is only confusing, if you believe in the total propaganda of Civics 101.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2016, 07:13:49 AM
Not the way I took it.  Every human is an actor as in ... Hollywood.  But I took "actor" as in "taking action" vs "passive".  An inactive voter is not a political actor.  Normal grammar, would put "political actor" in the same bucket as Ronald Reagan ... because "political" precedes "actor".

Your specific meaning, is also accurate.  Of course politicians have free will, and of course they are beholden to their funds providers.  This is only confusing, if you believe in the total propaganda of Civics 101.

of course political actors are taking action to do what they are told to do as public faces of whoever their funds providers are...

whatever...i am totaly convinced that obama is a political actor...for god's sake...how can a black person be a president of the usa...think about it...his slogan is ''change'' that means coins :D

Baruch

Obama's actions seem contrary to his rhetoric ... but that is normal with politicians.  He seems to be a lost experiment out of some CIA laboratory.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

yeah yeah...

most of the americans -even intellectuals- are so ignorant of what is going on in the world and even in their own country...

TomFoolery

Am I the only one who immediately thought of Moon Over Parador?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095654/
QuoteLittle known actor, Jack Noah, is working on location in the dictatorship of Parador at the time the dictator dies. The dictator's right hand man, Roberto, makes Jack an offer he cannot refuse.. to play the dictator. Jack's acting skills fool the masses but not close friends and employees of the dictator.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on January 27, 2016, 02:44:21 AM
yes...what?

i searched the forum but it's odd that nobody had used the words political and actor together...

Sean Penn comes to mind ...