In Terms Of The Evolutionary Process, Religion Is A Waste Of Resources

Started by stromboli, January 25, 2016, 10:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Back to the topic. Religions have a set of criteria established in the Bronze Age and not updated to modern times, unless you include the various Reformations as such. The problem is they still think that Bronze Age set of principles and criteria is relevant in this day and age, and that they are the moral compass to the world. That they are completely out of step is revealed by our current pope, who on one hand speaks of embracing atheists and LGBT people, yet still banning birth control and HIV/AIDS treatment and the use of condoms.

By doing so they are supposedly dealing with one problem and being relevant while still shoving the bigger problem under the rug with old and outdated doctrines. Same old, same old in a different bag. If religion was ever relevant it isn't now. It is becoming more glaringly obvious that it is an anachronistic group of institutions  that have run their course and needs to be put in the closet and left to rot.

Baruch

Jannabear ... as a trans-sexual ... you have involuntarily been to mental states that cis-people can only imagine ... or even gay people can imagine.  You can make lemonade if you are handed lemons ... or not.

I yam what I yam ... but I don't eats me spinach.  I'm not here for popularity, but because here, I can express myself in a way I can't anywhere else (probably).  I think that is why Jannabear is here too, though it remains to be seen, if this is the right theater of the absurd or not ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.