News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Perfect choice?

Started by pr126, March 21, 2013, 12:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Dark Knight killer James Holmes 'is now a Muslim who prays five times a day'
QuoteJames Holmes, the gunman behind the Dark Knight massacre in Colorado last July, has reportedly turned Muslim and prays five times a day.

The killer showed off a lengthy, thick beard during a court appearance earlier this month, and a prison source has claimed it is a symbol of his new-found faith.

The source said Holmes has turned to Islam as a way of justifying his horrific murder spree in an Aurora, Colorado cinema on July 20 which left 12 people dead and 58 people wounded.

'He has brainwashed himself into believing he was on his own personal jihad and that his victims were infidels,' a prison source told the National Enquirer.

He now prays five times a day, sticks to a strict Muslim diet and spends hours each day studying the Qur'an, the source said. But his new routine has upset Muslim inmates.
'He has brainwashed himself into believing he was on his own personal jihad and that his victims were infidels,
Very likely he had some help in the "brainwashing".

SilentFutility

He's severely mentally ill and has nothing to occupy his mind with, this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Thumpalumpacus

Yes, because ex post facto justifications reflect on the Muslim community as a whole.
<insert witty aphorism here>

stromboli

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Yes, because ex post facto justifications reflect on the Muslim community as a whole.

Ex post facto or otherwise, it will be labeled as his justification for the act by the media and people at large.

pr126

Another perfect choice.
The head of CIA is a Muslim convert.  :-$

Poison Tree

I'm skeptical. I'm not saying it isn't true; I'm just not the kind of guy to easily swallow the word of an unnamed "prison source" given to National Enquirer--a magazine that has a history of paying large sums of money to fraudulent sources for bunk information.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

pr126

see here
Or try Google for a different source.

Valigarmander

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/ ... rts-islam/

Quoteduring a screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" last summer has reportedly converted to Islam and prays up to five times a day.

A prison source say the beard James Holmes sported in court last months represents his new-found faith. The source said Mr. Holmes has turned Muslim as a way of justifying his horrific crimes on July 20 which left 12 people dead and 58 people wounded, the Daily Mail reports.

"He has brainwashed himself into believing he was on his own personal jihad and that his victims were infidels," the source told the National Enquirer.

Mr. Holmes now prays five times a day, sticks to a strict Muslim diet and spends hours each day studying the Koran, the source told the Enquirer.

But most Muslim inmates are not happy with the convict's new religion.

"None of them condone forms of terrorism or extremism," the source added. "And they don't want their religion to be connected to that awful shooting."

Mr. Holmes is charged with 166 counts, mostly for murder and attempted murder, the Mail reports. He could be executed or spend the rest of his life in prison if convicted. A Colorado judge entered a not guilty plea on his behalf earlier this month.

That'll set him straight.

Note that the sources named in the article are the Daily Mail and the National Enquirer, though so this story is probably bullshit.

Valigarmander

SilentFutility

Regardless of authenticity, why is this actually that noteworthy (I don't mean you shouldn't have posted it)?

The particular delusion the bored spree-killer with no mental stimulation whatsoever picks from his bland cell is irrelevant really...

Johan

He can convert to the church of the bacon loving walmart greeters and claim the shooting was to avenge wrongs done unto him by a talking matchbox car named Gunther for all I care. Its not going to change the fact that he is going to spend the rest of his life incarcerated.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful