Proselytizing for Jesus during a Video Game

Started by kilodelta, January 21, 2016, 10:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

I came across someone that decided to spend his time talking about Jesus during a timed multiplayer match. I made a video about it. Though, I still don't know why one would choose this as a venue. There didn't seem to be any positive feedback to his comments in team chat. So, either he hasn't done this that much or doesn't realize that he's not reaching anyone... Is it their general intent to talk about Jesus everywhere? Is this actually effective? It wouldn't seem like it would be...

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Hydra009

It's an unspoken rule to not talk about religion or politics in an online game.  Whoever breaks this rule is typically an instant target of scorn, even by people who agree with the sentiment.  The reason for that is because that stuff almost always provokes a heated debate and this is not the venue for debates.  In fact, online gaming (and gaming in general) is supposed to be a brief respite from meatspace drama.  So, bringing it up is like tracking mud in your house.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's the only place anyone can actually come back to life though isn't it?  I don't play video games so I don't have to deal with such twats, but if I did I'd encourage them at every chance because after all.. as Telly would say,  'Who loves ya baby? '
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

kilodelta

Should I ignore this in the future or poke fun at them?

I think I'll just ignore them and play the game.

Shiranu

I am that asshole who intentionally brings up controversial political statements in trade chat just to watch the world burn...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

kilodelta

Ah, you're the one that causes me to turn of trade chat.

/highfive

Solomon Zorn

I'd speak up, if he does it again. Tell him this is a congregation for video gaming, not for church.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

SGOS

A religious freak having a manic episode doesn't take his environmental context into consideration.  It doesn't make any difference what he's doing or where he's at, whether it's at a Roller Derby or a community meeting engaged in a matter of importance, he wants to tell you about Jesus.