News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Taboo Subjects

Started by Jannabear, January 10, 2016, 11:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

You are not the issue. The issue is how the forum appears outside. If we become noticed as a racist forum-which has happened-or one that condemns feminine equality, we lose new people. The forum's continuation is the issue.

Think of the forum overall. There are people like myself who have vested interests in the forum because of the statement we make. some of us, and some people no longer here, have invested money in keeping it. Since I've been here, the forum has nearly ceased to exist twice. You don't know the effort it took or the commitments to it to keep it going. We have a very protective view for a reason.

you'll hear mention of different people like Baddogma or HBA- which stands for Hillbilly Atheist. They are icons here because of the efforts they have put into it. I've only been here 6 years and there are people been here longer.

Aitm, Jason Harvestdancer Popeye's Pappy Drunkenshoe and others have all been here longer than I have. I'm a heavy poster because I'm retired and have a lot of interests. The forum means something and it has to be maintained. The big picture. How we all should view things.

FaithIsFilth

I hear you. I probably should not have posted any videos at all. Two or three people on here have come out since then, and people treated it like less of a big deal, so I don't thinking making the thread was a bad idea, but posting the videos maybe was a bad idea. I was asked some very personal questions, and I wanted to be as honest as possible in answering them. Aitm thought I liked kids like he likes dogs, so I certainly had to clear that up and give some personal information about myself, and others thought I had super dark fantasies, so I had to clear that up as well. Even without the videos, I think many still would have had a problem with me even clearing up misconceptions like that. I see what you are saying about the forum. I don't want to cause anyone to leave, and I apologise for posting any video at all. The rest of the thread though, I don't think I went too far. I regret the errors I made in the thread like getting the definition of pedophile wrong myself, mixing up pre-teen with pre-pubescent.

I understand that pedophiles are not popular. If we are discouraging people from coming out of the closet here because that would harm the forum, I don't exactly agree with that. That seems to be like Hillary Clinton distancing herself from gay rights in the past, because it was unpopular to support gay rights and she thought it might damage her brand. I promise not to make any threads about this subject though, other than the one I made in the past. I said what I had to say and got it out of my system. I'm not obsessed with this like Pr is with Islam, so I'm fine with never making a thread about that subject again. Again, I apologise to anyone that was ticked off by my comments in that thread.

stromboli

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 12, 2016, 06:13:02 PM
I hear you. I probably should not have posted any videos at all. Two or three people on here have come out since then, and people treated it like less of a big deal, so I don't thinking making the thread was a bad idea, but posting the videos maybe was a bad idea. I was asked some very personal questions, and I wanted to be as honest as possible in answering them. Aitm thought I liked kids like he likes dogs, so I certainly had to clear that up and give some personal information about myself, and others thought I had super dark fantasies, so I had to clear that up as well. Even without the videos, I think many still would have had a problem with me even clearing up misconceptions like that. I see what you are saying about the forum. I don't want to cause anyone to leave, and I apologise for posting any video at all. The rest of the thread though, I don't think I went too far. I regret the errors I made in the thread like getting the definition of pedophile wrong myself, mixing up pre-teen with pre-pubescent.

I understand that pedophiles are not popular. If we are discouraging people from coming out of the closet here because that would harm the forum, I don't exactly agree with that. That seems to be like Hillary Clinton distancing herself from gay rights in the past, because it was unpopular to support gay rights and she thought it might damage her brand. I promise not to make any threads about this subject though, other than the one I made in the past. I said what I had to say and got it out of my system. I'm not obsessed with this like Pr is with Islam, so I'm fine with never making a thread about that subject again. Again, I apologise to anyone that was ticked off by my comments in that thread.

Nobody here has labeled you, at least I haven't. And I respect you. Give you some kudos for being out front as you were, and I think everybody here has done similar threads of an emotional nature. We all tend to be very judgmental of ourselves and the internet isn't exactly the kindest environment. Kind of like sticking your arm out there and saying "slap me!" and somebody starts a chainsaw.

doorknob

Yeah ok so I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that maybe taboo subjects shouldn't be discussed around here.

If you want to come out as a pedophile or what ever great it's your suicide buddy!

This is the internet every thing should be taken with a grain of salt.

But also it should be understood that any one can see what you type here. ANY ONE!

So yeah it's kind of like karma what you send out into the internet will come back to you! Take care!

Deidre32

A taboo subject for me around my family ...was when I was an atheist. I'm no longer an atheist, but it's still a taboo subject. It's like my dad wants to pretend that never happened in my life. lol
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

stromboli

THERE IS ONLY ONE TABOO SUBJECT THAT HAS NEVER BEEN SPOKEN OF HERE. JUST ONE.

DIETING.

THERE. I SAID IT. I'M MAN ENOUGH TO CONFRONT IT.
  :32:

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on January 11, 2016, 12:10:24 PM
Is that bigger than a shit ton...... and is it imperial or metric?   :winkle:

No it's fuck ton meaning endless

Baruch

Quote from: Deidre32 on February 06, 2016, 10:26:41 PM
A taboo subject for me around my family ...was when I was an atheist. I'm no longer an atheist, but it's still a taboo subject. It's like my dad wants to pretend that never happened in my life. lol

Selective parental amnesia is a blessing.  Use it all the time on my daughter ;-)  Remember all the bits you liked, and forget the rest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.