News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sarah Palin's Big Gulp

Started by hillbillyatheist, March 20, 2013, 09:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykcob4

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"I pretty much disagree with this woman on almost everything but am I the only one that finds it petty to be attacking her on this issue?

For the record I drink like 8 coke Zero's a day. I even wrote a song about it.

If I hit a convenience store I go for the big gulps.

fuck Bloomberg. on this one issue I pretty much have to side with Palin.

the new york coke ban is just fucking stupid and wrong.

what do you think?
If Sarah Palin did it or endorsed it, you can bet she is wrong. Bloomberg is right and was right to help the poor people in the city by banning large suger drinks. It's much more than an issue of socalled freedom. It is a health issue. You go to any poor part of any major city and what is avalible is nothing but fat filled suger foods. That and advertizing these dangerous foods. Bloomberg was pushing back against the food industry that brainwashes the populace to buying their addictive unhealthy foods and drinks. Bloomberg is fighting against the pushers of these bad foods. So Sarah is wrong and her idea of freedom is nothing more than allowing big business to dictate to the masses and control us all in the name of profits.
Plus Sarah's little smug smarming attitude is just so childish it isn't even funny.

hillbillyatheist

Quote from: "SGOS"I put lots of sugar in little Jimmy's lunch.  It turns him into this little dynamo of adorable energy.  He runs around doing these cute little things, and I never know what to expect.  I'm sure Mrs.  Peterson loves him in her third grade class.
they say meth makes them all the more fun! try it just once! :P

(note to feds, I'm kidding, please don't send me to gitmo or drone my ass)
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

hillbillyatheist

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"I pretty much disagree with this woman on almost everything but am I the only one that finds it petty to be attacking her on this issue?

For the record I drink like 8 coke Zero's a day. I even wrote a song about it.

If I hit a convenience store I go for the big gulps.

fuck Bloomberg. on this one issue I pretty much have to side with Palin.

the new york coke ban is just fucking stupid and wrong.

what do you think?
If Sarah Palin did it or endorsed it, you can bet she is wrong.
so when she advocates for helping kids with mental problems, she wrong because she's Palin? thats just as stupid as people that just automatically dismiss something because Obama is for it. its this kind of attitude that makes me weep for humanity.

QuoteBloomberg is right and was right to help the poor people in the city by banning large suger drinks. It's much more than an issue of socalled freedom. It is a health issue. You go to any poor part of any major city and what is avalible is nothing but fat filled suger foods.
so should we ban weed, cigarettes, beer, and candy too?

QuoteThat and advertizing these dangerous foods. Bloomberg was pushing back against the food industry that brainwashes the populace to buying their addictive unhealthy foods and drinks. Bloomberg is fighting against the pushers of these bad foods. So Sarah is wrong and her idea of freedom is nothing more than allowing big business to dictate to the masses and control us all in the name of profits.
nobody is forcing people to eat and drink unhealthy shit. when Coca-cola starts hog tying people and forcing Dr. Pepper down their throats, get back to me.

QuotePlus Sarah's little smug smarming attitude is just so childish it isn't even funny.
agreed.

anyway as I've said, I think the solution is subsidize health foods and have them very low cost, and easily available, then put taxes on unhealthy foods to offset costs of the health care issues they cause, like we do with smoking. done.

past that the government has no business forcing people to eat healthy. what's next? exercise police to come make you jog?
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteI don't care. I like it. and the government can pry my can of Coke Zero from my cold dead hands. LOL

To be honest I think it should be like that, but the problem is that hospitals get crammed full of people who are there because of their own fault, and their treatment then gets in the way of people who need to be there because of something that isn't their fault.

And that doesn't sit right with me.

Yeah that is a problem. If only there were some bloated federal budget from which money could be taken to supplement health care costs.

In other news congress approves another increase to the defense budget, making it the largest budget on the planet and in history.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "mykcob4"If Sarah Palin did it or endorsed it, you can bet she is wrong. Bloomberg is right and was right to help the poor people in the city by banning large suger drinks. It's much more than an issue of socalled freedom. It is a health issue. You go to any poor part of any major city and what is avalible is nothing but fat filled suger foods. That and advertizing these dangerous foods. Bloomberg was pushing back against the food industry that brainwashes the populace to buying their addictive unhealthy foods and drinks. Bloomberg is fighting against the pushers of these bad foods. So Sarah is wrong and her idea of freedom is nothing more than allowing big business to dictate to the masses and control us all in the name of profits.
Plus Sarah's little smug smarming attitude is just so childish it isn't even funny.

Despite the fact that I too detest Palin, I agree that it is not the role of government to micromanage soda-sizes.

Also, do you have any evidence for your claims of "addictive" foods and drinks being pushed by businesses?  And do you have any evidence that only buig business sells supersize sodas?

I think your point is poorly thought-out, myself.  I don't need a nanny-state government saving me from myself, thanks.  I'm a grown-up and will decide for myself what to eat and drink.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Johan

QuoteI don't care. I like it. and the government can pry my can of Coke Zero from my cold dead hands. LOL

To be honest I think it should be like that, but the problem is that hospitals get crammed full of people who are there because of their own fault, and their treatment then gets in the way of people who need to be there because of something that isn't their fault.

And that doesn't sit right with me.
Two things. 1. My parents spent a ton of time in hospitals for a variety of ailments before they each died. I never once saw where other patients being there were cause for either of them not getting the care they required. 2. If we were to assume your claim has merit, then large sodas are WAY down on the last of things that should be illegal in order to fix the problem. Alcohol? Cigarettes? Firearms? Nope, we'll just take out large sized soft drinks and everything will be fine. It was an idiotic idea that would have done nothing to protect anyone from anything.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Plu

Quote2. If we were to assume your claim has merit, then large sodas are WAY down on the last of things that should be illegal in order to fix the problem. Alcohol? Cigarettes? Firearms? Nope, we'll just take out large sized soft drinks and everything will be fine. It was an idiotic idea that would have done nothing to protect anyone from anything.

I didn't mean "should be made illegal". I meant "should be taxed more heavily to support people ruining their health". Which, incidentally, cigarettes and alcohol already are. For that exact reason.

WitchSabrina

So.... no....... no one really likes Mob mentality and pretty much all of us have a knee-jerk reaction to Sarah Pain-lin.  Whatever.  She's wrong or stupid like 99% of the time = epic-ally So and in public, out loud and shit....  So she bought (for thousands on the gov dime) the Barbie outfits to match her own brand of gun-blazing-stupid! HerrDeeDurr

Yes........ we should be cool and tackle things by subject (or fact) and not by the person (insert Sarah).........

but.............
B U T............. it's Sarah fucking Palin for fucksake and she's such a nutjob she's a walking punchline.......... so............
yeah.........haters gotta hate!

I support Palin Haters!  I've even given donations!!!!! =D>  =D>  =D>

(You know the song...sing it!)

My bologna has a first name its S A R A H
My bologna has a second name its P A L I N
Oh I love to watch her every daaay....
and with no doubt you know ...okay...
That Sarah Palin has a way with BS in your face ALL Day!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

mnmelt

Quote2. If we were to assume your claim has merit, then large sodas are WAY down on the last of things that should be illegal in order to fix the problem. Alcohol? Cigarettes? Firearms? Nope, we'll just take out large sized soft drinks and everything will be fine. It was an idiotic idea that would have done nothing to protect anyone from anything.

I didn't mean "should be made illegal". I meant "should be taxed more heavily to support people ruining their health". Which, incidentally, cigarettes and alcohol already are. For that exact reason.

EXACTLY..!!!! Tax the shit out of it..!!!
My Brother an MD says that the majority of people in the hospital Under the age of 80 are there because they either smoke. drink too much or are obese..!! And its a toss up as to which is worse.!! Although in his personal viewings.. Its obesity..!! Smoking is second..and sadly its usually all three!!!
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "mnmelt"

EXACTLY..!!!! Tax the shit out of it..!!!
My Brother an MD says that the majority of people in the hospital Under the age of 80 are there because they either smoke. drink too much or are obese..!! And its a toss up as to which is worse.!! Although in his personal viewings.. Its obesity..!! Smoking is second..and sadly its usually all three!!!

Most excellent ^ :-D

(as I......erm........uh...........like a cigg............oopsie) :shock:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Mermaid

Stupid proposal and the wrong approach to a serious problem.
Sarah Palin is still a smarmy twatwaffle for doing that and for most of the other things she does.

Such as breathing constantly in and out.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Minimalist

Bloomberg is a pompous ass.

Palin is just a dumb cunt.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Mermaid

Quote from: "Minimalist"Bloomberg is a pompous ass.

Palin is just a dumb cunt.
=D>
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Johan

Oh in that case, I'm with you. Taxing the bad stuff, and then actually using that money to help offset increased health care system burdens, is a very common sense idea. Which makes Bloomberg seem like an even larger idiot than he already is. A tax of $4 or so on all large soft drinks sold in the city would have sent the same 'hey this is bad for you message' he originally wanted to send and it would have also generated a ton of cash that could have been used to fund health care programs. Win/win. But no. He thought it was a better idea to just try to ban them. Moron.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

the_antithesis

Quote from: "stromboli"Sarah Palin. The name synonymous with herp derp.

Don't be mean to herp derp.