News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sarah Palin's Big Gulp

Started by hillbillyatheist, March 20, 2013, 09:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillyatheist

I pretty much disagree with this woman on almost everything but am I the only one that finds it petty to be attacking her on this issue?

For the record I drink like 8 coke Zero's a day. I even wrote a song about it.

If I hit a convenience store I go for the big gulps.

fuck Bloomberg. on this one issue I pretty much have to side with Palin.

the new york coke ban is just fucking stupid and wrong.

what do you think?
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Plu

Banning large drinks is silly and counter-productive. Educating people will probably go over much better. But that would require teaching them that "bigger is not always better", so good luck with that. It seems like the foundation of the nation for some reason.

hillbillyatheist

There's also just free choice. I know I shouldn't be drinking 8 cans of Coke Zero a day. Thus I'm educated to that fact.

I don't care. I like it. and the government can pry my can of Coke Zero from my cold dead hands. LOL
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "Plu"Banning large drinks is silly and counter-productive. Educating people will probably go over much better. But that would require teaching them that "bigger is not always better", so good luck with that. It seems like the foundation of the nation for some reason.

I agree with this, especially considering the NYC ban isn't applied consistently to businesses. Someone who wants a ton of soda can still just buy a 2 liter, and drinking a ton of soda is only one factor in the obesity problem. It is a problem, though. I don't eat fast food much, but the sizes of drinks there are insane and when ordering a value meal, I always have to think about specifying a small or regular as opposed to a large because the larges are these buckets of soda these days. They've completely shifted what each size means. And unless you're going to a drive through, most restaurants have unlimited refills anyway.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

stromboli

You are going to die an early death, says the man on the health kick.  :-D

Plu

QuoteI don't care. I like it. and the government can pry my can of Coke Zero from my cold dead hands. LOL

To be honest I think it should be like that, but the problem is that hospitals get crammed full of people who are there because of their own fault, and their treatment then gets in the way of people who need to be there because of something that isn't their fault.

And that doesn't sit right with me.

hillbillyatheist

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteI don't care. I like it. and the government can pry my can of Coke Zero from my cold dead hands. LOL

To be honest I think it should be like that, but the problem is that hospitals get crammed full of people who are there because of their own fault, and their treatment then gets in the way of people who need to be there because of something that isn't their fault.

And that doesn't sit right with me.
I'd be okay with a Sin Tax on unhealthy choices to help offset any costs that come with those choices, plus it'd help discourage and reduce bad choices while not prohibiting them.

kind of like how we tax alcohol, cigarettes and now here in Colorado, marijuana.

just click here

AllPurposeAtheist

Sarah Palin is appealing to phony populist ideas of attacking dumb ideas. It doesn't make her one iota smarter.
You don't get smart when someone else is dumb.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Re:
Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"I don't care. I like it. and the government can pry my can of Coke Zero from my cold dead hands. LOL
It's fine if my government inserts itself in our lives and invades our privacy, wire taps our phones, tells us who we can and can't marry, regulates what women can do to their bodies, and gives our tax dollars to bankers and private insurance executives, but don't take away the caffeinated sugar drinks that rot my children's teeth!

You know Sara Palin had to say that.  New York is a liberal place, so whatever they do there, she has to criticize it.  She probably thinks New York is some kind of empty shit hole that has raped most of it's natural resources long ago, and therefore, has little left to offer the rest of the country.  After all, she's from Wasilla, Alaska, so she has a lot of knowledge about things, especially Russia.

New Yorkers can sort out this travesty without Sara Palin's advice.  Those who oppose the ban would probably appreciate the help from someone who isn't an idiot, though.  Palin is a political freak, who was recruited as a long shot to appeal to the lowest common denominator by a desperate campaign that was headed for failure before it even started.  Hell, her running mate was such a dud that she actually outshined him, and briefly turned the race into Obama vs Palin.  But she's an air headed embarrassment to intelligent people everywhere.  So once in a while she thoughtlessly sputters out something that might have some value.  A broken clock can give the right time twice a day.

Plu

QuoteI'd be okay with a Sin Tax on unhealthy choices to help offset any costs that come with those choices, plus it'd help discourage and reduce bad choices while not prohibiting them.

kind of like how we tax alcohol, cigarettes and now here in Colorado, marijuana.

This is probably the best way to go at it, yes.

hillbillyatheist

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"I don't care. I like it. and the government can pry my can of Coke Zero from my cold dead hands. LOL
It's fine if my government inserts itself in our lives and invades our privacy, wire taps our phones, tells us who we can and can't marry, regulates what women can do to their bodies, and gives our tax dollars to bankers and private insurance executives, but don't take away the caffeinated sugar drinks that rot my children's teeth!
:lol: yeah she and all the republicans are hypocrites.

its like how they want to ban cuss words on TV, but not hate speech.

just click here

WitchSabrina

As long as Abby on NCIS drinks huge Caff-Pows I've got zero criticism.  Do I drink large soda drinks? Not any more.  But it's not for me to say that others should not do so.  
I just (personally) don't think the gov should get involved with people and their sugar consumption.  That's a bit too invasive.  If the gov wants to get all high and mighty about health --- they should REALLY start with Wheat and carrageenan; not to mention that regular green veggies are * specialty items* for the FDA? (WTF?).  It's more profitable to fill us all with corn starch and garbage-processed-whatnot than just decent food.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-carrageenan.htm

So yeah...........when the gov decides to look at the REAL health dangers - then they can get on their high horse about sugar.

(rant over)
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

SGOS

I put lots of sugar in little Jimmy's lunch.  It turns him into this little dynamo of adorable energy.  He runs around doing these cute little things, and I never know what to expect.  I'm sure Mrs.  Peterson loves him in her third grade class.

stromboli

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Sarah Palin is appealing to phony populist ideas of attacking dumb ideas. It doesn't make her one iota smarter.
You don't get smart when someone else is dumb.

Sarah Palin. The name synonymous with herp derp.

Thumpalumpacus

There's a reason this was tossed out, and that's because it's stupid.
<insert witty aphorism here>