Vote for who you actually want

Started by Jannabear, January 09, 2016, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

Quote from: Shiranu on January 13, 2016, 02:29:05 PM
And what if I "want" to vote for the lesser of two evils because I rather be kicked in the face than shot in it?
Not voting for bernie if you support him honestly makes no fucking sense.
If he ends up losing, then hillary will be nominated and she may or may not win
However if bernie wins it's been shown that he has support from countless people, even some republicans, believe it or not.
People are starting to wake the fuck up and realize that there's something wrong in america, there can only be so many mass shootings, so many police brutalities, so many corrupt business scams, so many horrible decisions before people start to realize that their government doesn't support them.
Peaceful protest is the best remedy to open peoples eyes.
I'm personally going to take part in a march this year, I'm sick and fucking tired of the us government, it's just a bunch of facist money hungry retards who want to bring america back to the bronze ages so they can make some extra money, and I'm sick and fucking tired of hearing these pussies who just go with the flow of the political system, if you're not welling to go against the wind then it's just a tacit admission that you're welling to let corrupt assholes fuck you over in order to have a certain degree of security, the idea of risking it to get someone who can actually fix the country with the chance that you'll get a facist president if he loses is akin to having bees on your dick but being scared to try to open a box to put them back in there because there's another bee in it.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 13, 2016, 06:08:17 PM
I've listened to Bernie for so long on Thom Hartmann's program that I feel as if I know him personally. He talks about the same things now that he's been talking about for years, and I like that.

So you would share a beer with him ... like Republicans felt with Shrub back in 2000? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jannabear

Quote from: Baruch on January 14, 2016, 05:15:15 AM
So you would share a beer with him ... like Republicans felt with Shrub back in 2000? ;-)
I think he was more referring to how he isn't a snake, but maybe that's what you meant.
But there's real reason to say he's not a snake, he hasn't done any stupid shit, he's been firm on his opinions, and he doesn't take private funding.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Jannabear on January 14, 2016, 05:02:22 AM
you're welling to let corrupt assholes fuck you over in order to have a certain degree of security
We used to call that prostitution. Sometimes marriage fits the description.

Here's how I keep up with the race. There are other polls in the drop-down.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_democratic_presidential_nomination-3824.html

Hydra009

Quote from: gentle_dissident on January 14, 2016, 10:56:55 AM
We used to call that prostitution. Sometimes marriage fits the description.

Here's how I keep up with the race. There are other polls in the drop-down.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_democratic_presidential_nomination-3824.html
o_O  Sanders is doing a lot better lately!  Maybe when he's level with Hillary, the Sanders-has-no-chance naysayers will finally pipe down.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 14, 2016, 05:15:15 AM

I'd drink a pint o' pale with him, sure. But I wouldn't vote for him just because he's personable. He seems to share a lot of my values, and seems to be consistent in his platform. I'm pretty cynical about politicians in general, so I'm leery about anyone running for president. I just hope that, if Sanders wins, he can get things done that will be good for America.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

LoriPinkAngel

Not supporting someone until they're already ahead seems like a sissy move.  I just worry that a Republican congress will obstruct a Democrat president again.  The senate and congressional races are very important.

Unbeliever

Yeah, the GOP has treated Obama pretty roughly, but they didn't treat Clinton very well, either. Apparently anyone holding the office who's not a Republican can expect horrible treatment from the GOP.
God Not Found

pato15

You strike me as someone who hasn't followed national politics for very long...
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Unbeliever

Quote from: pato15 on January 14, 2016, 10:23:23 PM
You strike me as someone who hasn't followed national politics for very long...

I only got interested after Terrible Tuesday, 9/11. I figured I'd better start paying attention, so at least I could have some idea of what's going on, even if I can't affect things much at all.

We seem to have fallen prey to that old Chinese proverb...
God Not Found