Trump tells security to take protesters' coats: 'Throw them out into the cold'

Started by josephpalazzo, January 08, 2016, 09:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFoolery

I had no idea security officers were legally able to "confiscate" someone's coat. Isn't that stealing?

How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Hydra009

QuoteTrump said it was "fun" to have the protesters attend his events and kick them out.
Presidential material, ladies and gentlemen.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 08, 2016, 10:17:04 AM
Presidential material, ladies and gentlemen.

He's just practicing for the real gig: kicking out the Mooslims from America...

widdershins

Here's the video: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/trump-wants-protesters-coats-confiscated-598055491625
That has to be illegal on so many levels.  Not only is it theft, if it was really -10 outside it's pointlessly endangering human lives, possibly even torture.  I hope that heartless, self-important fucker burns for this.
This sentence is a lie...

josephpalazzo

Quote from: widdershins on January 08, 2016, 01:41:23 PM
Here's the video: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/trump-wants-protesters-coats-confiscated-598055491625
That has to be illegal on so many levels.  Not only is it theft, if it was really -10 outside it's pointlessly endangering human lives, possibly even torture.  I hope that heartless, self-important fucker burns for this.

Not really, from the latest poll:

Trump +14 in New Hampshire - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary-3350.html

widdershins

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 08, 2016, 01:52:12 PM
Not really, from the latest poll:

Trump +14 in New Hampshire - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary-3350.html

Yeah, you knew that was coming from the intellect of his followers, though.  I meant a response from rational people not legally brain dead.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 08, 2016, 10:25:55 AM
He's just practicing for the real gig: kicking out the Mooslims from America...

And the Jews, the Blacks, the Native Americans, the Mexicans ... the full monte of the Southern Strategy of Nixon.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: TomFoolery on January 08, 2016, 10:00:28 AM
I had no idea security officers were legally able to "confiscate" someone's coat. Isn't that stealing?

Last election, some thug working for an R candidate, tossed some reporter down a flight of stairs.  No jail time there.  They are lucky that they only lose their jackets.  Stealing?  There is no US without stealing.

Union leaders are recommending Trump to their membership.  Just like they recommended Johnson, but later Nixon.  The majority of Americans are far from Liberal.  The Democrats are so last century.  The CIA plan appears to lead to the destruction of both parties, with bets being taken as to which party becomes history first.  Legacy dynasties like the Bush family and Clinton family ... don't stand a chance if the CIA comes out for Trump.  The real contest within the MIC, appears to be between the Army and the CIA (given what happened two years ago on the cat fight over Syria policy).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: widdershins on January 08, 2016, 02:49:28 PM
Yeah, you knew that was coming from the intellect of his followers, though.  I meant a response from rational people not legally brain dead.

Rational people in the US probably count for less than 10%, just guessing, but not an important electoral block to affect the election. Whatever one can say about the Don, he's got enough street smarts to lure the base of the party with his theatrics, and it's working, so far...

Shiranu

Just his stand and posture are ominous. I don't buy that he is smart and not just... borderline evil. And that's coming from an optimist. I think people who think him just smart sell short just how dangerous of man he really is... and the fear and anger culture that supports him.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

Why doesn't be propose to build a wall around them and make them pay for it?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Trump reminds me of the owner of the retail chain I work for, Chris Dawson, a slimy, money hoarding, Derek Trotter with-no-heart kind of douchebag, who pays his employees minimum wage and thinks they are happy about it, even trying to fight against the minimum wage increase coming this year. He's even refused to help his own unemployed brother, casting off his own family.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymouth-billionaire-Chris-Dawson-lambasted/story-26199605-detail/story.html
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Chris-Dawson-s-plan-knock-16th-century-Plymouth/story-21107558-detail/story.html

People like trump and this fucker are only motivated by one thing, money, not change or morals or family.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

I'm almost sure that this man is trying to play a role of a specific type of bully in a very designed way. It's how dictators come to power in the most suitable situations under weak states. (Yours is not weak.) When said dictator, please do not just picture a typical one that you are likely to think that it is only possible out of the US. 

Doesn't matter how much bullshit he pitches, he only needs to pitch it in a thug way. And thugs like Trump are always likely to find audience where ever they go. Especially in a climate like this. He resembles Erdogan in so many ways. Same game.

He is trying to play 'the tough guy that needed to take the matter on his own hands' to an audience who is convinced that their existence is in somewhat danger. While this sounds ridiculous to a lot of people at first sight, unfortunately you don't just need religious and nationalist people to lean this way. People are simple and it is very easy to spread irrational fear among them -esp. in an isolated place like the US- and people do not act rationally once that fear is spread.

It doesn't have to be about winning this election, but it's very possible Trump could find considerable support beyond his natural target group.

Before the religious party came to the power in the country I live, most of the population laughed at his kind of politicians for decades. Trusted the army -the coup- if the worst should happen. After 80 years, BAM! All that 'thug speech' make sense to people, not because they have suddenly become more stupid or more religious or more nationalist, but because of the ground of a fear created   they believe if they were the the ruling class, there will be no danger. There is no more powerful motivation like the combination of these. People are experts at 'rationalising' their fears into what they believe that system seems not to give to them because of who they are and define it with their beliefs of any kind. Perfect victimhood for politics. Then you have Trumps, Erdogans...etc and the more they act the way they do, they just get stronger. Because people believe that 'they are at their sides' whatever they do. That's why nationalism is the most powerful religion of all. It just has different names and applications. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

In society, there are permanent classes, that are in a permanent class struggle, but people don't realize this, because of alienation and false consciousness.

1. Nobility
2. Clergy
3. Military
4. Merchants
5. Proletariat
6. Peasants

It is understandable, given Ataturk and Nato ... that the Turkish military and the US would never let Turkey deviate too far from the secular.  But that was prior to Bush Sr and Bush Jr.  The Bush family is all in, with the Saudis/Sunnis.  With the US/Saudi resistance support in Afghanistan even before (under Bush Sr as VP) Bush Sr became President.  Right now Saudi nobility is ascendant, but they look like they are getting to the end of their rope in Yemen etc.  They don't have much population to work with, and Saudis don't work for a living, they just hire mercenaries like the US to go fight secular or Shia regimes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.