Education in Idaho: Need help with mah thesis

Started by TheDevoutPasta, March 19, 2013, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDevoutPasta

Herro people :)

I'm trying to write my thesis on education in Idaho but i'm lacking a resource for my third point, i was wondering if any kind brain here could help me :)

So far my thesis is pretty rough and new but here's the basic premise:

The poor education performance in Idaho is due to a lack of adequate funding, a general laissez-faire attitude towards education, and outdated transportation methods.

I'm having trouble finding any resources for the last point, in fact it was pretty damn impossible to find any good resources that i could quote from. I've tried looking into the state of rural education in idaho as well, but nothing is really there. Just potatoes and republicans, what a fitting combination...

anyway if anyone here would be so kind as to do a quick search for a good resource i could use it would be greatly appreciated. :)
"The criticism of the atrocities inherent to religion is an undeniable prerequisite of societal progress."

_Xenu_

If you can't find any justification for your third point, perhaps you should change it. You could make it about poverty at home, since gov funding has already been covered.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

aitm

the tie in to poor transportation is an interesting foray, buy what method led you to conceive a correlation? Also, a certain conspiracy nut I know would suggest that  Monsanto's chemicals for the potato would be far more likely to be the culprit for a learning disability.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

TheDevoutPasta

In one of my resources for another point It mentioned that Idaho is the only state in the lower 48 to need mail planes to access its interior, i was considering that idaho has many rural districts and so i was simply looking for a way to tie poor transportation in with possibly low attendance to higher education or something of the sort; though it doesn't seem to be working out...

Poverty in the home is an interesting point i hadn't considered yet, I remember reading some on how idaho is a mostly low-wage state and higher education isn't really useful because of this. I'll look into this, thanks. :)
"The criticism of the atrocities inherent to religion is an undeniable prerequisite of societal progress."

stromboli

Poor transportation is real. Go to Idaho. Talking about 50 miles between town as a regular situation, seriously. One big empty ass state with cities grouped in areas, many great spaces in between. Been all over the state. Transportation is definitely an issue. I think your three points are valid.

Oh, and btw aitm- Monsanto has an enormous (540 acre) phosphate plant north of Soda Springs. One ugly ass pile of shit, that.

Poverty, definitely.

aitm

Quote from: "stromboli"Poor transportation is real. Go to Idaho. Talking about 50 miles between town as a regular situation, seriously. One big empty ass state with cities grouped in areas, many great spaces in between. Been all over the state. Transportation is definitely an issue. I think your three points are valid.

Oh, and btw aitm- Monsanto has an enormous (540 acre) phosphate plant north of Soda Springs. One ugly ass pile of shit, that.

Poverty, definitely.

perhaps Monsanto IS something worth looking into.....can anybody say "Pelican Brief"?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "stromboli"Poor transportation is real. Go to Idaho. Talking about 50 miles between town as a regular situation, seriously. One big empty ass state with cities grouped in areas, many great spaces in between. Been all over the state. Transportation is definitely an issue. I think your three points are valid.

Poverty, definitely.

perhaps Monsanto IS something worth looking into.....can anybody say "Pelican Brief"?

8-[

stromboli

Poverty, definitely.

8-[

Btw, aitm, how's that "paranoid schizophrenia" thing going?  :-D

aitm

TheDevoutPasta

Poverty, definitely.

The only problem is that i can't find any documents that are analyzing the situation... at all. Do you know of any?

Colanth

I agree with your second point - that's the main problem with all education in the US today.  I don't think funding has much to do with it.  We were very well educated in the 50s - with as many as 40 students in a class with a single teacher.  These days teachers complain about teaching more than 20 students.

Transportation?  I think it's more a matter of doing it wrong.  With the internet, "school" can be everyone's home, with something like a conference version of Skype that can handle 20, 30 or more users in a single conference.  There's no need for a 7 year old to travel 2 hours or more every day to be educated.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

TheDevoutPasta

The poor education performance in Idaho is due to a lack of adequate funding, leading to low-skill, low-wage job opportunities, and a general laissez-faire attitude towards education.

That's my thesis right now in the rough, i think the only thing i'm going to change about it right now is the wording, the part in green is mainly what i want to change but don't have time to really think about. any suggestions are appreciated, and i'm not going to be posting my entire essay here :) I'm just obsessing over the thesis...

Edit: I found some time...

Education in Idaho is currently a regressive cycle of inadequate funding, leading to low-skill, low-wage job opportunities, causing a general laissez-faire attitude towards education.