Four arrested in Libya on suspicion of being Christian missi

Started by Valigarmander, February 16, 2013, 08:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

I don't remember calling you any names, nor trying to label you, except on the issue of having a one track mind, which was based on evidence of your posting history.

Considering I can't even remember the last time you posted about anything other than hatred of islam, I'd say it's fair to say that you have a one-track mind, and reasonable not to make any other assumptions about you since I have no clue you really are or what you're really like.

I have a hard time even picturing you as a person since you only post about one specific thing, really. It's hard to assign human traits to someone who can only talk about one thing.

pr126

Quote from: "Plu"I don't remember calling you any names, nor trying to label you, except on the issue of having a one track mind, which was based on evidence of your posting history.

Considering I can't even remember the last time you posted about anything other than hatred of islam, I'd say it's fair to say that you have a one-track mind, and reasonable not to make any other assumptions about you since I have no clue you really are or what you're really like.

I have a hard time even picturing you as a person since you only post about one specific thing, really. It's hard to assign human traits to someone who can only talk about one thing.

Is my hatred of Islam [the ideology] unjustified?

You think I should be sent to a re-education camp? Unfortunately there are no gulags [yet] in the UK.

Why is Christianity fair game for abuse but Islam is not?

Plu

Why the hell do you think there's anything I would want to do to you other than point out your exhibited behaviour? I don't think your hatred of Islam is unjustified at all, I just think it'd be nice to actually see you as a human being instead of some sort of bot that keeps bashing Islam in every post.

On the other hand, if this is how you act when you're not bashing Islam, please stop acting like a human being and go back to being a one-mind bot-thing.

pr126

Quote from: "Plu"Why the hell do you think there's anything I would want to do to you other than point out your exhibited behaviour? I don't think your hatred of Islam is unjustified at all, I just think it'd be nice to actually see you as a human being instead of some sort of bot that keeps bashing Islam in every post.

On the other hand, if this is how you act when you're not bashing Islam, please stop acting like a human being and go back to being a one-mind bot-thing.
Well Plu, I hate to see my adopted country (yes, I am an immigrant too) going down the pan.
I see what is happening, and it will get much, much worse in the coming years.  

Odd that you cannot see that for yourself.
I grew up in a communist totalitarian country, so I have an idea what Islam is about.
If you were to see how Islam represses and punishes free speech, freedom of thought and  freedom of religion, democracy, free inquiry, you too would pause to think.
Unless you have been taught not to question such things.

Plu

The only real difference between you and me, is that I'm not letting my hatred dictate my every word and move, I think.

I don't like Islam any more than you do, but I take some time in my life to do things other than hate on it. You seem to have a rather unhealthy life balance if you act in real life as you do on here, so I sincerely hope you have more hobbies in reality and just use this place as a venting pit of sorts.

pr126

I do have many other hobbies, yes. Islam takes only a fraction of my "life".

Besides,  I am 70 next year, so I should not worry much what the future brings.
I'll probably won't be around to see it.

Plu

Good. At least I won't have to worry about you living a life filled only with hatred and negativity.

pr126

Quote from: "Plu"Good. At least I won't have to worry about you living a life filled only with hatred and negativity.
Thank you Plu. I didn't know you cared.

Oddly enough, you never worry about the hatred and negativity directed at Christianity.
Double standards? Surely not.

Brian37

Quote from: "Plu"Why the hell do you think there's anything I would want to do to you other than point out your exhibited behaviour? I don't think your hatred of Islam is unjustified at all, I just think it'd be nice to actually see you as a human being instead of some sort of bot that keeps bashing Islam in every post.

What do you mean by "bashing"?

This is an atheist website we "bash" all sorts of absurd claims. I bash claims of Ouija boards and tarrot cards and any other bullshit someone might spew.

Now, when it comes to Islam, I think you need to treat everyone here like individuals just as you want to be treated as an individual.

I hate the middle east in that it is still stuck in the past and about 100 years behind the rest of the western world and needs its age of enlightenment. I also hate ANY claim of a disembodied being, be it Thor or Marduke or Vishnu or Allah or God.

But, I do not hate Malala, she is a hero to the world and especially women. I can love her braveness without buying or liking the fact she believes in a god. I love my Catholic mother but I do hate, being a former Catholic myself, I do hate that she thinks eating a cracker will get her into eternity.

I do think some things deserve "bashing" just like if you had a friend who claimed they had an invisible friend named Frank. You might love them personally but you'd want to put them in a rubber room if they went around selling it.

So be careful about using the word "bashing" because you are doing such without putting that "bashing" in context.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

And why shouldn't we hate people who slam planes into buildings? Do you like it when people shoot abortion doctors?
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Plu

My term bashing was referring to the idea I have that every post pr126 has ever made, or at least every post by him that I remember, seems to be about only a single topic.

That kind of singlemindedness doesn't make you come across as a balanced person, so I'm glad to hear that it's just something he does on this forum. I don't mind his opinions, and share most of them, but it's the exclusion of all other topics on his side that made me call it bashing.

Someone who hates Islam is probably either a rational human being or a follower of a different religion, and both are fine. But someone who is entirely defined by his hatred for Islam, that sounds dangerously unbalanced. In fact, someone defined by their hatred of anything would be dangerously unbalanced.

pr126

QuoteBut someone who is entirely defined by his hatred for Islam, that sounds dangerously unbalanced.
Defined by whom? Who cares enough to notice my hatred for Islam, the ideology?

One can "bash" Christianity and Christians to his or hers hearth content 24/7  and no one will raise an eyebrow. In fact, he will be cheered on.
One mention Islam, and he sounds dangerously unbalanced.  
Would anyone rebuke me if I only had hatred for Christianity, never mentioning Islam?
Why the double standard?

SvZurich

Quote from: "StupidWiz"
Quote from: "Horsefly"You're wasting your time PR, these people's sum total experience of Muslims has been the guy who does their taxes or the guy who operates the store down the road. They have no idea about the oppression that goes on in Muslim countries or the intolerance that is inherent in Muslim culture. They think that Christianity is as bad as Islam, and nothing is going to open their eyes.
Yep.
Been to Bahrain and the UAE as well.  Is Singapore considered a Muslim nation?  

Secular laws holding religion in check is the sole reason Christians are considered less violent.  Look at how they terrorize doctors who provide abortions and seek to subvert our laws.  They are just as dangerous as other fanatics.  Remember Oklahoma City's bombing?  Xian terrorist.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Thumpalumpacus

Re:
Quote from: "Horsefly"You're wasting your time PR, these people's sum total experience of Muslims has been the guy who does their taxes or the guy who operates the store down the road. They have no idea about the oppression that goes on in Muslim countries or the intolerance that is inherent in Muslim culture. They think that Christianity is as bad as Islam, and nothing is going to open their eyes.

I lived in Teheran for four years, and was stationed TDY in Saudi Arabia for four months, and had some contact with them in SoCal as well.  I still don't feel like I'm any expert on Muslims, myself.  I reckon they're as diverse as Christians are in their religious outlooks, meaning that they're apt to cherry-picking the Quran as Christians do with the Bible.
<insert witty aphorism here>