Four arrested in Libya on suspicion of being Christian missi

Started by Valigarmander, February 16, 2013, 08:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

QuoteI'm willing to bet there's some countries in africa where they'll just shoot them instead.
Evidence?
QuoteWhich is entirely besides the point as I know it's your life goal to pour shit on muslims and ignore everything else happening in the world, but hey.
Indeed.
But hey. If anything is more detestable that Islam, it is Christianity.
Let's pour shit on them and ignore everything else.

Apparently we both doing the same. Hypocrisy much?

leo

Christianity ? Islam ? What's the difference ? Both religions are bullshit .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

pr126

Quote from: "leo"Christianity ? Islam ? What's the difference ? Both religions are bullshit .
Certainly not.

Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance, and Christianity is war, oppression and hate.
Everybody knows that.

Aupmanyav

"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

Bobby_Ouroborus

Quote from: "pr126"But you will not find Christians imprisoning Muslims for proselytizing anywhere.
Which makes the moral equivalence unfounded.

But we do find Christians who imprison, kill and rape homosexuals for the crime of just being alive.

Moral equivalence established.

Jason78

Quote"Proselytising is forbidden in Libya.

It should be forbidden everywhere.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

Quote from: "pr126"
QuoteI'm willing to bet there's some countries in africa where they'll just shoot them instead.
Evidence?
QuoteWhich is entirely besides the point as I know it's your life goal to pour shit on muslims and ignore everything else happening in the world, but hey.
Indeed.
But hey. If anything is more detestable that Islam, it is Christianity.
Let's pour shit on them and ignore everything else.

Apparently we both doing the same. Hypocrisy much?

I'm pretty sure I pour shit on everyone, but only in their respective topics.

Jmpty

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote"Proselytising is forbidden in Libya.

It should be forbidden everywhere.

This.
???  ??

Horsefly

You're wasting your time PR, these people's sum total experience of Muslims has been the guy who does their taxes or the guy who operates the store down the road. They have no idea about the oppression that goes on in Muslim countries or the intolerance that is inherent in Muslim culture. They think that Christianity is as bad as Islam, and nothing is going to open their eyes.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"
Quote from: "pr126"But you will not find Christians imprisoning Muslims for proselytizing anywhere.
Which makes the moral equivalence unfounded.

But we do find Christians who imprison, kill and rape homosexuals for the crime of just being alive.

Moral equivalence established.

This.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

LoneQuietus

I gotta say, being threatened by the spread of information shows a truly remarkable insecurity in your own beliefs.
Memento Mori

StupidWiz

Quote from: "Horsefly"You're wasting your time PR, these people's sum total experience of Muslims has been the guy who does their taxes or the guy who operates the store down the road. They have no idea about the oppression that goes on in Muslim countries or the intolerance that is inherent in Muslim culture. They think that Christianity is as bad as Islam, and nothing is going to open their eyes.
Yep.
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

pr126

Quote from: "Horsefly"You're wasting your time PR, these people's sum total experience of Muslims has been the guy who does their taxes or the guy who operates the store down the road. They have no idea about the oppression that goes on in Muslim countries or the intolerance that is inherent in Muslim culture. They think that Christianity is as bad as Islam, and nothing is going to open their eyes.

Sam harris explained it quite eloquently on the idea that all religions are equal.
It is like equating religion to sport. But there is Thai kick boxing and there is chess. They are both sports.

The American atheist is more concerned with Christianity, and most have been Christians themselves, and having shed the faith they are angry about the wasted time in their lives spent on a lie, which is understandable. There is a lot of anger to get rid of.

But unlike Muslim apostates, they have no fear of their lives and property by Christians for leaving the religion.
That alone should make at least some difference. It doesn't.

Also, there is a minimal Muslim presence (less than 1 %) in the US to make Islam noticeable.
Very different from the situation we have in Western Europe, with open borders to all comers.

But yes, you are right. I am wasting my time.  For now.

Plu

Except I'm not an American atheist, I'm from Western Europe, like you. And I live in a country with open borders for everyone, like you. With a lot of muslims immigrants, like you.

pr126

Quote from: "Plu"Except I'm not an American atheist, I'm from Western Europe, like you. And I live in a country with open borders for everyone, like you. With a lot of muslims immigrants, like you.
How nice for you.
Then I must be a right wing , hateful, xenophobic,  racist islamophobe.  Contra naturam.
Very unlike you.