"Enhanced Human Operations" Terrify Pentagon

Started by stromboli, January 03, 2016, 11:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 06, 2016, 11:32:43 AM
By the way, what happened to that huge laser weapons that were supposed designed to hit from the space? It was very popular some time ago. Almost all the high tech/science mag had something on it.

Deployment of space based weapons systems are restricted by international treaties. If anybody is doing it they aren't talking about it. Early deployment of terrestrial laser weapons systems is happening now.

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/feature/5/159975/2015-ushers-in-era-of-laser-weapons.html
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

A little over a year ago report on Chinese capability ...
http://www.ibtimes.com.au/china-conducts-anti-satellite-tests-laser-weaponry-1386452

Putting things in orbit is a two edged sword.  Gives you good shoot down capability, but puts you in the other guy's sights.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Once the military has such capabilities, the cops probably won't be far behind.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 06, 2016, 12:49:18 PM
Deployment of space based weapons systems are restricted by international treaties. If anybody is doing it they aren't talking about it. Early deployment of terrestrial laser weapons systems is happening now.

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/feature/5/159975/2015-ushers-in-era-of-laser-weapons.html

Wow, that laser would be good for crowd control in Chicago!
God Not Found

doorknob

As long as the public is also allowed to enhance themselves I'm all for it.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: doorknob on January 06, 2016, 08:25:31 PM
As long as the public is also allowed to enhance themselves I'm all for it.

Do you really think it's a good idea to let the elites (They are the only ones that could afford it. At least at first.) breed smarter, faster stronger children than the rest of us?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 06, 2016, 08:49:14 PM
Do you really think it's a good idea to let the elites (They are the only ones that could afford it. At least at first.) breed smarter, faster stronger children than the rest of us?

Their children may come down with affluenza.  Also the self described geniuses will manipulate all the wrong genes.  Wile-E-Coyote rides again ;-)  Besides, the "children" will be clones, to be harvested later for their organs ;-(  Ask about what happened to President Kennedy's oldest sister ;-((
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

OK, I'll bite...what happened to President Kennedy's oldest sister?

:a102:
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 07, 2016, 05:27:54 PM
OK, I'll bite...what happened to President Kennedy's oldest sister?

:a102:

Her father had her lobotomized as a teenager because her slow and irregular social development (apparently caused by a botched delivery at birth) didn't make her a handicapped child, to be cherished on her own terms, to be nurtured to greater functionality, but eliminated (just short of murder) and hidden away so that his ambitions for his son's political careers could be fulfilled.  Mafia don all the way.  Her mother and younger sister had investigated this new procedure, and found out it was quackery, and opposed it.

Ted Kennedy was quoted as saying privately, that he believed if he got out of line while his father was alive, Joe Sr would do the same to him.  Their whole family hid from the truth and from the public for 50 years.  As the father of a handicapped daughter ... this is the lowest a father could go.  Murder would have been quick, rather than a living hell for the rest of her life, that was unnecessary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I'm often glad that I never had a family, given the crap most people seem to have to put up with from their own clans.
God Not Found