News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How Liberals argue

Started by pr126, December 19, 2015, 02:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

The only thing that needs to be addressed about this is how crippled and turned upside down the American understading of 'liberalism', 'liberal thinking', 'liberal'...etc.

It's used pretty much like 'commmies!' :lol: You need a different set of tools to find out what Americans mean when they use certain words and how far they are pushed from their meaning.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

America - Newspeak and Animal Farm ... all the way down.  Of course the English realize, if Americans do not, that Americans don't speak English.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Contemporary lingusitics; esp. socio-linguistics recognise English Languages, as in plural. Not an English Language.

The changes in perceptions of certain concepts and this effecting the usage of their names in time is more like a social-historical issue than a linguistic one.

Then in the last 30 years social-historians and socio-linguists are in the same bed. I don't know, while their marriage is still relatively new, the field keeps vindiciating men like Benjamin Whorf and Basil Bernstein and at the end of that march chart there stands uncle Heidegger like a cement bulk -who asserted humans cannot effect or shape language, but just language rules over them with absolute- and it's going to 'hurt' very bad, if we hit our head to that one. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on December 19, 2015, 12:10:22 PM
Oh good. Now I can stop pretending and go back to the secretly bigoted conservative I always was.

Secret? How delusional on your part. We've known your "secret" for a long time...:lol:

stromboli

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 09, 2016, 08:09:30 AM
Secret? How delusional on your part. We've known your "secret" for a long time...:lol:

Was I that transparent? I feel so naked right now......

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on January 09, 2016, 08:45:46 AM
Was I that transparent? I feel so naked right now......

A fig leaf ain't going to help either...

stromboli

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 09, 2016, 09:05:54 AM
A fig leaf ain't going to help either...

I know. Not big enough.   :13:

Shiranu

Quote from: Jannabear on January 09, 2016, 03:15:58 AM
Modern day feminism is the poison that is corrupting the word, liberal.

Oh boy... we gonna start this shit-storm again.

Just quoting so when we look back... we can see who broke the cease-fire. Carry on!
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo