News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fuck a Keurig

Started by PopeyesPappy, December 31, 2015, 11:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Had an uncle that used a percolator like that to make his coffee right up until he died a couple of years ago at 96. He would make a pot of coffee, dump the grounds and fill up again and let it perc a second time. We used to joke that you could stand a spoon up in Woodrow's coffee. At least until the part under the surface dissolved and it fell over.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

trdsf

Quote from: stromboli on January 11, 2016, 03:35:46 PM
Sounds like an upgrade of an old time percolator. Put the water in the bottom, grounds in the basket at the top. Heated water goes up the tube and through the grounds. Obviously inferior because the water goes back down and mixes with the incoming water, so the resultant coffee is more bitter, albeit strong. Aka sheepherder coffee.

The percolator continues to cycle the brew through the grounds; the vacuum pot only does it once.  And if you have a glass unit, it's really cool to watch.  :)

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

stromboli

Cool. I could certainly afford it, but I'm not invested in coffee that much. I don't have a problem with 7-11 coffee when on the road, so not a gourmet. Actually the French press is pretty cheap- not only makes good coffee, but I figured out once the whole set up and expense works out to be about .15 a cup over a few years of use.

The other reason I use the French press is because I can make coffee easily when camping. All you need is hot water, and with a hand grinder you don't need power.

deloresaber

I love my Ninja Coffee System. There are a lot to choose from bit I found this review guide and never looked back http://www.missmamiescupcakes.com/ninja-coffee-bar-reviews/

Gawdzilla Sama

After drinking Navy coffee for 20 years I don't get snooty about where the 'feine comes from, just so long as it jolts the synapses.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers